www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old September 16th, 2018, 14:04   #1
DCLXVI

Default BEW Swap into pickup/O2 question

I am currently attempting my first engine swap and I am using everything on the engine the way it came out of the mk4 Jetta minus the intake flaps. I already had Malone tune out the immobilizer and add dynamic egr and dynamic idle.My question is what would happen if I delete the O2 sensor? Also what would be the effect of removing the MAF?
DCLXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2018, 11:49   #2
Owain@malonetuning

Neither maf or O2 delete will stop the engine from running but it won't be ideal since it will default to MAP sensor for inlet reading and won't have a reference for smoke output. Running the EGR dynamically also requires the maf.

The components can just be deleted in an updated tune too, there are a few other codes to remove for swap applications, feel free to shoot us an email. Should be fine to get the motor running in a swap though and then dial it in later.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote