www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old July 6th, 2018, 13:20   #46
Layerz
Veteran Member

Just seen the autocar video - great stuff!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=bC5X2g_Zn7I
Layerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2018, 07:08   #47
ryanp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmugg View Post
Amazing work there! If you ever decide that you want to run at the Bonneville Salt Flats for a land speed record, please hit me up. I have a record-holding diesel truck entry (completely SCTA compliant with log bood) that's already set up for VW power.
Steve M.
Sorry Steve, only just seen this, If you want to discuss this further I'm sure we could build an engine for you and offer some support! a Common rail engine would be the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layerz View Post
Just seen the autocar video - great stuff!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=bC5X2g_Zn7I
Yeah that was a good day, other than 4th gear becoming smooth after a few runs! The video has some funny comments but over 250,000 views so I'm not worried.
Dont have too many pics of the new look front end but here is one without the bumper:

The latest runs at Santa Poda couple of weekends ago were not quite as successful as we hoped but the engine had a short fuse from the start and was built knowing it would not last for various reasons. So, 2 Days at GTi International, The Autocar video and most of the day at Bug Jam was a decent lifespan for this engine!

The Fastest 1/4 mile with the S300v Turbo and CR engine was a 9.99 @ 147.73mph with quite a few runs being in the high 14xmph area and we did not run our peak fuel or Nitrous yet so 150mph is almost in sight. Our 60ft times are still not there (1.75 vs 1.55) but new tyres and a much larger turbo need dialing in so not too worried there.

Rain was not our friend last weekend despite being in the middle of a Drought and Heatwave! Every year we do our best to attend TOTB, this is a Drag racing and 1/2 mile shootout on a concrete airfield not too far away from our place. We are always the only Diesel there so its good to mix with a bunch of people that wont normally see what we can do, this event is DOT tyres only so we run MT ET Streets. With a 10.89 @ 144mph and being almost a full second quicker than anyone else we would have easily won the eliminations outright had Paul waited for the boost to build but we still came away with 3rd overall, Fastest 60ft and Fastest time (as well as speed) Trophies:

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2018, 15:05   #48
Layerz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp View Post
Yeah that was a good day, other than 4th gear becoming smooth after a few runs! The video has some funny comments but over 250,000 views so I'm not worried.
Yea YouTube comments are one of them oddities tbh, mate of mine has a Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato TR-XX R4 (mouthfull) and he's got a video of a nasty nasty oil change (was left standing for near on a decade) and the comments roll in daily saying all sorts.
What's funny is in the YouTube world all engagement is positive for promoting a video so likes/dislikes typically don't matter unless you do a Ghostbusters and all the comments regardless bump the video.

Front end looks like it's got some immense cooling on it!

So the big question....what's next?
Layerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2018, 16:10   #49
flee
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layerz View Post
Yea YouTube comments are one of them oddities tbh, mate of mine has a Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato TR-XX R4 (mouthfull) and he's got a video of a nasty nasty oil change (was left standing for near on a decade) and the comments roll in daily saying all sorts.
What's funny is in the YouTube world all engagement is positive for promoting a video so likes/dislikes typically don't matter unless you do a Ghostbusters and all the comments regardless bump the video.
Front end looks like it's got some immense cooling on it!
So the big question....what's next?
It needs to be immense so there's enough room for the LOGO!
Old September 11th, 2018, 06:45   #50
ryanp

New PB for the Arosa @ VW Action - Santa Pod
9.552 @ 149.14mph

Video - https://youtu.be/s-g1x4m6YhE
Flickr Gallery - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmio7qqJ

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
Old September 11th, 2018, 15:53   #51
mrchill
TDIClub Enthusiast
Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Location: MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x 2!

Excellent! Nicely done!

If you were traveling at the speed of light, and you turned your lights on......would anything happen?

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

You will get NOTHING! And you WILL be GRATEFUL!
mrchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 23:33   #52
ryanp

We also made a Blog Post here - https://www.darksidedevelopments.co....2018-02092018/

Cheers

Old September 12th, 2018, 14:54   #53
Owain@malonetuning

Congrats! Saw the clip with boba setting a new pb as well, must've been one heck of a weekend.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 17:56   #54
TDIsyncro
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Audi/TDI x 2
Fuel Economy: 50-60mpg HWY, depending on speed and wind

Nice run Ryan. Congratulations!
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=415533
TDIsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 19:05   #55
andy2
Veteran Member

Excellent results as usual Ryan !

Do you know the weight/hp of the AM Motorsports car ? Would it be lighter than your car ?

Love the blog.Pretty cool to see that the "competition" drove Jerome's car !!

You guys must be happy with how things went.I expect without a doubt that you will be #1 next year.

What % of flow over stock are the injectors if you don't mind me asking ?
andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:16   #56
ryanp

Thanks guys, It was a good weekend except for the NOS supply issues, we usually have a mother bottle in the van but our supplier shafted us!

I really do believe we never had the full NOS effect on any runs we did that weekend. We also still have about 20% more to go on the controller when we have a full bottle!

We are quicker everywhere except the 60ft (1.52 vs 1.41), the gains after are quite significant

The AM car has a LOT of carbon fibre, all our car is still metal (Aluminium Doors and Tailgate) and the turbo is silly heavy. I'd say at least 100kg less.

We need to build a new car to get less than 700kg. Unsure what to do next.

Injectors could do with being a little bigger, we have around 50% more flow than the Stock oval port injectors.

EGT's are super low now compared to before. Just over 1000c now at the end of the strip.

Only one more event we might attend next month but the track wont have as much grip so late in the year I dont think so we might only be able to break the 150mph record.