San Diego TDI GTG Saturday June 2nd 2012

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Well another great GTG, thanks John and Jim for the brats and chicken and every one else who contributed. Want to thank Jeremy for planning and for showing up:) Great to meet all that showed and looking forward to the next one!

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Well another great GTG, thanks John and Jim for the brats and chicken and every one else who contributed. Want to thank Jeremy for planning and for showing up:) Great to meet all that showed and looking forward to the next one!
Yea, I was glad to see Jeremy show up, Jim brought the chicken and the brats. He also took care of cooking duty. Big thank you to Jim (pappyhat).
Had a dozen cars show up. GTG went on till dark. About 12:15 the wind picked up from the south and all of us Southern Calif. folks resorted to jackets but by 2:00 p.m. the wind died down and we were back to a typical San Diego weekend.

Thanks to all who attended. Brian and Monique, Philip and spouse (sorry can not remember your name). Custom Shirt - Rolf, Springer03, Biochopper (Scott), Alexander (GgOTi), unfortunately his alternator needs to be replaced. Johnny_Law was there with his new Mazdaspeed 3 - 263 hp, 280 lb/ft. What a hoot. Brandonfast, Daniel42 were there. Oh, lets not forget Jeremy and Matt-AHU98. Who else am I missing?

Missed Paul! Must have been all that smoke!

Past my bed time for tonight. Been up since 5 a.m. More tomorrow.

Last edited:

BioChoppers

Vendor
TDI
2003 jetta 5spd wagon
It was great to get out and see y-all.
Thanks Jim (pappyhat) for the leftover grub. It was still excellent cold!
It's always fun test driving others cars.
The highlight for me was showing that soot belching truck what waz up in Phil's golf:D

We owe it all to our fearless leader Kooy for taking the time to risk the dog house organizing these events for us...

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
It was great to get out and see y-all.
Thanks Jim (pappyhat) for the leftover grub. It was still excellent cold!
It's always fun test driving others cars.
The highlight for me was showing that soot belching truck what waz up in Phil's golf:D

We owe it all to our fearless leader Kooy for taking the time to risk the dog house organizing these events for us...
Yeah, F that clown lol. I wish I could've got a picture of the truck drivers face when we flew by him. Priceless...

It was great meeting the locals. I appreciate the hospitality of using some garage space for maintenance if needed before I get settled into a house. I also gotta say the food was very very delicious. I guess the weather was sunny enough because now my wife has been calling me redneck lol. Got a little color yesterday.

Jeremy, your wagon is a monster at freeway speeds. It didn't necessarily plant me in the seat when taking off from 65 or so but after a few seconds go by and I looked at the speedo I was quite impressed. Just fix that dumb breather/valve cover leak and the brakes (omg), and you got a rockin ride bro! Thanks for the drive. Here's my Turbo envy pic :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CustomShirt

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
You guys are a hoot... some of you made me feel rather inadequate with my stock '03 Wagon. Maybe down the line, if I have the budget.

The golf with the big wheels was my favorite... now I have a plan!

Thanks to John and Jim, you guys always make everyone feel like home. And thanks to our organizer, Jeremy. Anyone notice the "J" theme here?

Great meeting everyone... even greater to see what some of you have done to their cars. Big thanks to Matt, for just doing things to people's cars... because he can.

If anyone needs a "guru" to do some work, Matt's the man, definitely. Anything I can not do myself, he will do on my car.

brandonfast

Veteran Member
TDI
alh rabbit, alh golf
I had a great time. Wish I could have stayed later and meet the others that showed at 1pm. I'd do this again anytime. Great peeps, great food and great cars.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I'm glad y'all showed up. I didn't do much other than show up late, John was actually the frontman on this one so he deserves the credit.

Brian, Jim and John, good on y'all for all that food. Brats n Guac!

Good times.

Danielg42

Veteran Member
TDI
B5 Passat BHW - 6 speed manual
Thanks for a great day everyone!
It was super fun and I'll definitely try to show up to the next one.
Maybe I can have the 4runner rolling by then. ;)

U-123

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Sportswagon Wolfsburg Ed. ALH
I'm form Norcal, but went to school in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. So Santa Maria was my old college ground. Count me in on the next one! I already added a few contacts to this Newbie's contact list. :)

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I'm form Norcal, but went to school in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. So Santa Maria was my old college ground. Count me in on the next one! I already added a few contacts to this Newbie's contact list. :)
I'd rather live in SLO ;) LOL :D

Great seeing everyone and meeting a few new folks. Dan FINALLY got his remote windows after chatting about it for, oh, I dunno, almost a year? LOL

Jaynen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GL TDI
So is Matt our best hope in SD for tuning help? And he's 3 hours away? So far I have taken my car to Andre at Euro Auto Service something in Escondido (kind of by Stone Brewery) and they know their stuff but not sure if they do tuning.

Last edited:

pappyhat

TDI
2004 Wagon
Sure would be nice if we had more interested TDI owners in San Diego so we wouldn't have to wait so long between GTG's.. We just need to do it more often for sure.. Yellowtail and Tuna should be biting soon and I'm hoping to catch some to BBQ for our next GTG. Lets do it soonest??? I just met a new TDI owner this week. He has an 03 Jetta wagon, 5 speed and just had TB done and is down on power. Me thinks he needs someone in the know to check it out....