Touareg TDI Pulls A Boeing 747

socalbd

TDI
2006 V10 Touareg
My 2006 V10 Touareg does that every morning just to warm up! Crazy powerful. Getting 25mpg on freeway trips.

pleopard

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
So, if a V10 TDI Touareg can pull a 747, maybe a Jetta TDI can pull a 737. :-D. Maybe Drivbiwire can arrange a test.

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
I'm heading to the local airport now with my Golf. I'll take pics and upload them to the forum. Wonder if they have internet access at the local jail ?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
This has come up before. Old news. And just so you know, pulling a 747 slowly down a tarmac is not that difficult, it is more a matter of getting traction... which the T'reg needed 15 fat chicks' worth of weight added in order to do. I bet a V8 gasser 4Runner could do the same thing. :rolleyes:

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Nonetheless, that is a lot of stress on every aspect of that car. I am impressed by the dif and drive shaft.

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Right but it weighs 5 tons!
Load a T'reg with sandbags and you are getting up there in tons too!!

To me it is absolutely no accomplishment at all to pull a 747 with a Treg. It's all simple engineering regarding hp, gear ratio, weights, grades, friction, wind, etc. Cars on dry pavement can have a suprisingly high amount of tractive effort, especially with 4wd and low range (and sandbags!)

I suspect a much more minimal vehicle could pull that jet too.