FrostHeater Announces OEM type Spring-Clamps

red golf tdi

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
In our continuous effort to improve our products, we announce we're now utilizing OEM type Spring-Clamps in our kits.

After years of searching for a reasonable cost CTB (Constant Tension Band - Spring Clamp), we finally found clamps that would actually fit the thicker hose we use in our kits. (OEM Volkswagen clamps don't open far enough and are ridiculously spendy besides!)

This means no more required maintenance of tightening the clamps, and also looks even more factory!

We spent two seasons doing real-world testing to ensure they install well, perform well, and look factory. We recently updated the majority of our kits with the new clamps. The FrostHeater is even more durable and reliable!

We have plenty in stock, ready to ship! It's been a busy start to the 2014/2015 winter season the last couple of months!

:)

A5INKY

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Glad to see this, great call.

Cars that come into the shop with an "upgrade" to old style worm gear drive hose clamps are a pet peeve. With the right tools the constant tension clamps are easy to work with, they maintain better clamping force and they don't tear up the hose. Old school clamps are PITA by comparison

I've tried to reuse the OE clamps while installing your products before and was frustrated that they are almost big enough, but not quite. Thanks for the kit improvement.

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
Are the spring clamps available separately for those that already own a FrostHeater?

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Great news, CTB clamps are much less prone to leaking and don't put as much stress on the hose! There is a reason VW uses them...

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Are the spring clamps available separately for those that already own a FrostHeater?
If the answer is "yes" I will be happily ordering two sets. :) :)

Love my Frostheaters, don't care too much for the "Tightening Of The Clamps" ritual I seem to end up doing on one or the other of 'em every year or two. :):)

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
That's awesome and all, but uhm...Terry, will you still give me candies when I order another heater for my wagon? :D

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Put friction tape under your worm gear clamps and you won't have to re-tighten them. I did that to both my B5.5 and A4 when I installed the frostheaters and neither has needed retightened.

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
What? You have to re-tighten the clamps? I guess I missed that in the instructions.

I've had mine on for 3 - 4 years. Guess I'm in for a set of replacement clamps as well.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I love the Frostheater my wife got me for Christmas, and the bag of M&M's were a plus as well. Mine included the new spring clamps and I was pleasantly surprised since I was expecting worm clamps.

red golf tdi

TDI
1999.5 Golf Red
Thank you all !

We will put together spring clamp kits for existing installations come the off-season...as you can imagine, we are swamped with winter upon us! :)