Where is Frans?

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
What a beast! I wonder how he got that into the US? A swap maybe? The guy who did my swap said he was working on one of these...

Wonder what the fuel economy is like?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
What a beast! I wonder how he got that into the US? A swap maybe? The guy who did my swap said he was working on one of these...

Wonder what the fuel economy is like?
If he's visiting he can bring it over no problem and drive it around, there's a time limit however. Diplomats do it all the time.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
That Audi is sweet! He brought it over to Canada just for the road trip around North America and is taking it back home. Pretty sure he is leaving today, said he would be back home tomorrow. Canada held on to a good chunk of cash while he drove that thing around over here. It is refunded when he takes it home though.

Unfortunately neither of us had much time to hang out. But he, his father and brother were very friendly folks. It was good to put a face with the name.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
So is he back in the Netherlands now? Can't get an answer via email or to answer the phone.

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Frans is back to his shop, got there around the 11th or 12th. He was gone a number of weeks and I can only imagine how backed-up he is.

That's the only down-side to vacation, even a working one, gotta make up for lost time upon return.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Yeah I figured he would need some downtime as I would too. Just needing a 5.5 mm spacer plate and snub nose starter to keep my 01E 6MQ project going.