Rustynuts

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta 2.0ltr Sport TDI
The signature line appears in the text of the post you're making all the time when you're previewing it, but doesn't show up when you actually submit the post. To make it show, you have to select the "Add signature to this post" check box on the first page of the post/reply page before you select "Continue" to preview your post.

Once you've previewed your post once, the "Add signature" box is not available at the next screen. You have to do it on the first visit.

MaxThrust

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
<font color="green"> Hmm. Ok. But Kerry would drive a TDI and Bush would certainly drive a Lincoln Navigator. </font>
I am a republican, I drive a Jetta TDI. My wife is a hardcore democrat, she drives a Navigator and just wouldn't settle for something more sensible. I rest my case.

YMMV

Mike

shalwechat

Veteran Member
TDI
havent decided to buy a 04 golf, 04 jetta, or a 04 passat! but i cant bring myself to making car payments!
Mass. Wine Guy "Way to the left of present-day Washington, D.C. Replant a bush in Texas."
Well is this appropriate? It is his signature.
No it's not appropriate. It's obviously political. No political signatures or avatars.
but some others will find away around the rules to stick in their political views and their party affiliation in a non-political board.

fredb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003/golf gl blue tdi auto
Well, the election is over. Kerry has conceded. Bush has won. And not only did Bush win the Electorial College, he also won the Popular vote.

PhotonBoy

TDI
'04 shadow blue Jetta wagon by the name of Linda w ventectomy, Dieselgeek short shift, - DRLs, Monster mats, PD100 injectors and a Tempest Blue '11 Jetta Sportwagen, hasn't told me her name yet, Dieselgeek short shift, more to come..
Come on... save this for a political forum. It only get's people pissed of at each other.

-Jason
quote]

I agree. I was interestedly following someones post until I saw his right-wingnut tag line and immediately felt angry rather than paying attention to the topic. It creates an urge to repy to the signature rather than the post. It's a slippery slope from there: chairs flying, cops called, ugly.

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time
with fools.

- Ernest Hemmingway

PhotonBoy

TDI
'04 shadow blue Jetta wagon by the name of Linda w ventectomy, Dieselgeek short shift, - DRLs, Monster mats, PD100 injectors and a Tempest Blue '11 Jetta Sportwagen, hasn't told me her name yet, Dieselgeek short shift, more to come..
Thanks for bringing up a DEAD thread.

5 MONTHS OLD!
No prob. For you, any time! Seriously, though, It was a new thread to me since I had never seen it before. I've read many of the forums here and seen threads picked back up after many months. Haven't seen anyone flamed for it. Although you are a "vetran" there are "newbies" entering the fray every day. I would say that in the spirit of free exchange of ideas you might consider being a bit less grumpy and a bit more welcoming. I certainly had no intention of momentarily annoying you. You act like I just told your girlfriend about the stag party that she had already forgotten about.

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We're put here on earth to help others.
I'm not sure what the others are put here for.

- W. H. Auden

SubseaFB

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle, TDI Silver
Hmm. Ok. But Kerry would drive a TDI and Bush would certainly drive a Lincoln Navigator.
If that is true then why does Kerry own a Suburban? Oh, that's right, it's not his truck. It's his wifes.

Kerry is rich, just like Bush. So Kerry will only drive large, luxurious vehicles. Just like Bush. And all the other rich people in America.

IIRC, Kerry drives a new Chrysler 300. Not exactly the most fuel efficient vehicle on the market.

See above for a prime example of why Fred doesnt want politics on his TDIclub page. Kudo's to you Fred. Politics suck....TDI's rule!!

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
ALL politicians are worthless, useless sub human pieces of filth. I rest my case. One is no better than the other. Let us move on.

Dana

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta [White w/ black]
Kaufmann said:
No it's not appropriate. It's obviously political. No political signatures or avatars.
Kinda like "A Red state near you"? :p

Hmmm ... I remember when being Red meant something totally different.

Dana

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta [White w/ black]
mrchill said:
ALL politicians are worthless, useless sub human pieces of filth. I rest my case. One is no better than the other. Let us move on.
Whoa dude - that's some strong negative energy. Definitely not-chill. :eek:

Now I have to center (woo-sah).

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Animated ones take up too much bandwidth or something?

:sniffle: Gonna miss the VNT

TCBaker

TDI
03 Jetta Reflex Silver
Okay, what am I doing wrong. When I try to point to the URL and click OK I get a message that says that uploads have been disabled.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
TCBaker said:
Okay, what am I doing wrong. When I try to point to the URL and click OK I get a message that says that uploads have been disabled.
When you look at the screen to edit your Avatar, you have two boxes, one atop the other. The top box is where the picture would be and it has a radio button that is marked.

The lower box has another radio button that says, "Use Custom Avatar" Click that button on the bottom and see if that works.

TCBaker

TDI
03 Jetta Reflex Silver
That is what I was doing, but when I click OK I get: "Remote file uploads have been disabled." I'm not trying to upload it, just post the link to it that is on a public web server.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
TCBaker,

I got the same message and all that but just ignore it. The important part is that it is in the current avatar screen. Previously it said no image.

Go back to your User CP and see if something is in the picture field. If it is there, then you are set.

TCBaker

TDI
03 Jetta Reflex Silver
As opposed to putting in the web address of the server that had the image I did an upload from my local drive and it worked. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it worked.

Thanks

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
TC, IC U have it working...

Sorry...

TCBaker, I see that you have it working; was it something we missed?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Same problem...

TCBaker said:
That is what I was doing, but when I click OK I get: "Remote file uploads have been disabled." I'm not trying to upload it, just post the link to it that is on a public web server.
I am getting the same thing - I am just trying to point it at my old avatar on pics.tdiclub.com. It gives me the error message, but nothing shows up. Do I have to wait or something?

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Fred, when I tried linking to our picture server for this thumbnail .gif image, it says that remote hosting is not supported:
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/thumbs/vtg-sequenz.gif

What's wrong?

I shrunk the gif down also and get the same result from uploading.

I see other members have .gif avatars; how do I get mine to work? Need clearer directions for the non computer guru I am, please.

Thanks.

Nick

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
I'm sure the ladies on this site just absolutely love it. I bet they're wishing they could see it bounce......:cool: