MY PHOTO ALBUM - go see it an maybe comments ?

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
My car is a 1997 SEAT TOLEDO TDI (tuned up to 117 HP by Oettinger)
In fact it is a Spanish brother of the Jetta (same wheelbase, same length, same dashboard(almost)).

click here Please tell me what you think of it

[This message has been edited by arktiaxs (edited September 29, 2000).]

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Enjoyed your photos. I notice you changed the wheels on page 2 bottom photo to those pretty rims you have now. Nice effect. Very attractive vehicle. Thanks for posting the shots.

------------------
Driv'n EZ (David) & Ms. Daizy (Susan) 2K Jetta GLS TDI silver/black /lux & 6 pk CD

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
I indeed Changed from Firestone Firehawk(standard) 185/60/14 to those lovely Michelin Pilot Exalty (really good tyres) 205/45/16 on Enkei alloy wheels. I also lowered the car for about a year or so with about 4.5 cm (=1.8"), but I had to put the original springs on again due to Too Low

I'm now using the steel 14" wheels in winter time with 185/60/14 Goodyear ultra Grip - snow tyres - from november until march.

Keep on reacting

A.

[This message has been edited by arktiaxs (edited September 27, 2000).]

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Sure we are, but most of the time is being spent on the controversial surveys ... age, marriage, religion, ethnicity, and toilet paper threads, oh no, that one closed. Keep up the good work with observations about your car. The group will come around.

How bout saying something about the power plant and any computer chip upgrades you have that we don't have over here in NA

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>How bout saying something about the power plant and any computer chip upgrades you have that we don't have over here in NA <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The power plant is the the Volkswagen-Audi 1.9 TDI engine off course.
Like SKODA, also SEAT is a company owned by VW.
My engine originally was the 90 HP engine. It is tuned up to 117 HP/258 Nm (measured) by OETTINGER, which is very famous tuning company in Europe. They also work in close harmony (getting the EPROM-codes from them) with the VW-company.

Actually my car is the same as the VW Vento/Jetta 2

For more questions , don't hesitate.
A.

Jackmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen
Hi Arktiaxs,

Is your car lowered or is that the way they come? You'd probably generate a little more interest if you put something like,"Hey guys, check out the babe next to my TDI!"

------------------
Jack from Anaheim
'70 Convertible VW Bug.
'00 Silver NB TDI Auto.

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
It has been lowered for about a year.
I had quite some problems with it, especially because I drive on 7.5 x 16 wheels (officially only allowed until 7 x16).
So when I WAS TO HEAVY LOADED, I did not only touch inside my car with the wheels, but also touched the ground (really true) with my backside (I think the reason is the enormeous trunk volume 560 ltrs which is I think 19.79 cu ft / 34.173cu inch

A.

[This message has been edited by arktiaxs (edited September 28, 2000).]

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
arktiaxs, i am that stupid. there is a reason that i don't have a web page, it is all that i can do to remember how to turn the d@mn computer on

and tdijava's page is pretty nice

and as for modem speed, it will be a long time before i reach anything over 53 being in the neck of the woods that i am (or should i say armpit of the world). thinking about sattelite but that would be over $100.00 a month for how much i use the net and beside this post is way of topic so i am just going to take my medicine now.

rattegg B:

------------------
2000 JEDI TDI Silver (helps reflect cosmic rays)
Full Commander, Prime Minister of Power and all that is good
assistant to President Valois in the UPsolute territory

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
awesome looking car, espacially with the new wheels. why don't you post the picture on TDI JAVA's site. he can do thumb nails and shrink down those huge pics too. http://shannondew.com/

garrett P.

------------------
2000 JEDI TDI Silver (helps reflect cosmic rays)
Full Commander, Prime Minister of Power and all that is good

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
I suppose I could thumbnail them myself. (I'm not THAT stupid, I guess)
but than again, it looks nicer to have them on SHANNONs homepage.

I'll contact him

Thanks for the advice.
A.

PS there not that hughe , my pictures (not when you use cable that is...)

[This message has been edited by arktiaxs (edited September 28, 2000).]