Braumeister von Sehr Gutem Bier
Since the Last Millennium

1998 Jetta TDI Sport

"Why be Normal???...
because it beats the hell
out of all the alternatives!!!
that's why"

TDI Holland

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ric Woodruff:
What's up with it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean "What's up with it". It's a beetle TDI police car,isn't that obvious.This is a Beetle pic-group right?

TDI Holland

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Karl Roenick:
Cool.
Do you think those stripes are reflective?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the stripes are reflective. I haven't seen one so far though.Normally they drive Golf TDI's and Volvo V-series.

TDiBeetle2000

We have exactly the same Beetle police car here in Vancouver, BC. There are quite a few special police cars like Audi A6 2.8 Quattro, Jaguar S-Type V8, Land Rover Discovery Series 2 and Jeep Cherokee running around North Vancovuer district.

------------------
Tom
"TDi rules"
VW Club of Vancouver: http://www.vwclubofvancouver.org

Xenon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TDiBeetle2000:
We have exactly the same Beetle police car here in Vancouver, BC.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a police Beetle on the Vancouver Island as well. I don't believe it's a TDI though. It is not used as a normal police car, rather a promotional car for the anti drug programs that are sponsered by the RCMP. It has the lights and the sirens though

Jen.

S

SkyPup

Nice post TDI Holland, I posted an entire series of these TDI's in Holland on the site a couple of months ago, including Beetles like this one, Passats, Bora, Golfs, etc. Some of them were really awesome! Not to mention very fuel efficient too!
Thanks alot for your post!

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
No way!

Heh heh heh, the punishment for the perp must be to have to sit in the back seat, and then have the cop race around on really bumpy roads!

------------------
BeetleGo, "whoa!"
1998 NB 5-sp... "You said this was a DIESEL?!"
------------------

dirtmvr

Veteran Member
Xenon: I saw that police car in the Courtney dealership when I bought my NB. It is not a TDI, but I sure liked it. The RCMP have been progressive in promoting their image to youth with specialty cars like that beetle and the racing camaros.