mfa menus

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
yes there is!!! my folks have it on their passat in europe, and my friend has it on his gti vr6 here in canada, it came with the half mfa stock...

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Passat? you have a Passat cluster in your car /images/graemlins/eek.gif If you're so sure then why not check with your friend with the VR6?

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
no, my folks have a 130hp tdi in europe, which has mfa, and they have this menu.

AND my friend which has a 2003 fully loaded gti vr6, has half screen mfa aswell, from the factory. he too HAS this menu...

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well...good luck. It's not in ELSA. My version covers to Model year 2003.

Try looking at www.gti-tdi.de very good website. You'll need a translator though.

Kennedy

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]

Try looking at www.gti-tdi.de very good website. You'll need a translator though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow, Lito...
You have found a gold mine! Thanks for the link.
Look at his auctions for High Pizxel clusters... Less than $300!

http://cgi6.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...t=3&rows=25

Ladies and gents, we have a new souorce of Euro clusters!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Chris,

Yeah, I saw that but the do go up towards the end of the auctions(like everything else on Ebay). And most of the clusters seem to be in KPH /images/graemlins/frown.gif

L

bitterberry

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta (5-speed)
[ QUOTE ]
And most of the clusters seem to be in KPH /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehee... my Suzuki is Canadian and is only in KPH. I had to put a sticker over it to figure out how fast I'm going. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Hehehee... or you could always apply the "divide by two and add a few" rule. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
LOL,

I have a hard enough time not speeding to be calculating how fast I'm going /images/graemlins/grin.gif

L

bitterberry

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta (5-speed)
[ QUOTE ]
LOL,
I have a hard enough time not speeding to be calculating how fast I'm going /images/graemlins/grin.gifL

[/ QUOTE ]

True! Which is why I finally just put little stickers on there. Not that a lot of cops give chicks on sportbikes a lot of tickets anyway... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DC-TDIWagon

Veteran Member
DC (really Fairfax county, but it is easier to say
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]

Not that a lot of cops give chicks on sportbikes a lot of tickets anyway... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the chick, but most normal guys would find it hard to give you a ticket when you are in all that tight leather. I'd be too busy trying to figure out a smooth way to get your number.

bitterberry

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta (5-speed)
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the chick, but most normal guys would find it hard to give you a ticket when you are in all that tight leather. I'd be too busy trying to figure out a smooth way to get your number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, well, we wear the leather for protection, not to pick up guys! Errr... *usually*! /images/graemlins/wink.gif *giggle*

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ok,ok, Brian are you getting married soon? Stop flirting /images/graemlins/eek.gif

I still want to know the answer to the question: where is this menu which exists that nobody knows about?? And how does it get configured or activated?

L

DC-TDIWagon

Veteran Member
DC (really Fairfax county, but it is easier to say
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]
ok,ok, Brian are you getting married soon? Stop flirting /images/graemlins/eek.gif

L

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly a month from today! /images/graemlins/eek.gif Just because I'm getting married doesn't mean I'm dead...yet. I think I've heard that takes a couple of years.
Brian

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nope. You're already done. Stick a fork in him. She already owns you!

So Brian, have you found the miles left menu?

L

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
Just because I'm getting married doesn't mean I'm dead...yet. I think I've heard that takes a couple of years.
Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor bastard, doesn't even see it coming! Run, you fool, run and don't look back!! Just kidding!

By the way, have you heard that modern science has disovered an edible substance that's been proven to reduce a woman's sex drive to next to nothing? It's called wedding cake! (Sorry, I couldn't resist /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Back on topic. Is it possible that cerain European cars are equipped with different versions of the MFA, some having more functions than others? Especially in a "higher end" vehicle like a Passat or an Audi. Or maybe it has something to do with which country code setting you select when setting up your guage cluster during installation.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
[ QUOTE ]
Just because I'm getting married doesn't mean I'm dead...yet. I think I've heard that takes a couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, nope, I'm still thinking about the chick in leather too (married going on 11 years) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW bitterberry, thanks for making me miss my K75s. Grr....
Awesome pics though.

bitterberry

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta (5-speed)
[ QUOTE ]
BTW bitterberry, thanks for making me miss my K75s. Grr....Awesome pics though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it's never too late to get another one. I love my Jetta but it's nothing like being on my bike.

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]
She already owns you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, that was true in my case, long before I got married. The good thing is, I own her as well, so it works both ways.

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, have you heard that modern science has disovered an edible substance that's been proven to reduce a woman's sex drive to next to nothing? It's called wedding cake! (Sorry, I couldn't resist )

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to have the opposite effect in her family. Just proof that not everyone has the same reaction. Anyways, we didn't have wedding cake at my wedding, but Ely's Cheesecake. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jason
- Admiring the pictures as well. Oh, and the bike is nice too... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

2002 TDI

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cow, Lito...
You have found a gold mine! Thanks for the link.
Look at his auctions for High Pizxel clusters... Less than $300!

http://cgi6.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...t=3&rows=25

Ladies and gents, we have a new souorce of Euro clusters!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have contacted this person several times and he is really fair. He is also able to assist with the programming and other interface issues.

Cheers

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
*** people stick to the topic.

someone told me it might have something to do with the coding of the comfort module we have... i will check my friends, and apply it to my car, and see what happens...