TDIclub dinner? Charlotte NC

Noctix

TDI
Black '00 Beetle
I'm down for anything within a few hours drive of Charlotte. I have VCDS and pretty thorough knowledge of ALH motors. :D I'll keep an eye out on this thread.

wolfejam03

TDI
1998 Jetta- 304, 500+ miles, Non TDI-82 Caddy
I'd be interested in getting together with someone in the fall after I get back to the US. Have a list of mod's I want to do, but want to do them right. Fayetteville, NC area.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Have two and am in the midst of working on both, only 1hour 45 min from CLT. Would be happy and up for whatever.

djfrog2001

TDI
none yet, 03 Jetta GLS soon
I don't have one yet but hopefully I will have a 2003 Jetta GLS TDi in about a week or so. I live in Fayetteville and if it's within a 2-3 hour drive I'm all for it. Incidentally, is there anyone near Indian Trail (near Charlotte) that wouldn't mind helping me check out my possible purchase? I'll throw in gas money and a bite to eat if you're interested.

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
I work near Indian Trail regularly.
is it the white, auto at the car dealer for 6K?
PM me and i will go by there for you.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Maybe we should consider taking over one of the Mac's Speed Shops and give the bikers a run for their money. I bet we could get them to set up a VW day while the weather is still cold.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'll look at my travel schedule when I get back to work on Wednesday and float some dates.

CRSMacgyver

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Mac's would be a great idea. I used to spend a ton of time at the South Blvd. location when a buddy of mine was the Manager.

I should be in would love to meet some of you guys.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I eat mostly at the new one off South Tryon but the one on South would work too. I'll try to talk to the manager down here this week and see what we need to start the ball rolling.

Josemsm

TDI
2011 VW Jetta TDI
If there is a meet up in Charlotte area I would come. i work in Charlotte near Freedom dr & the Panther stadium (i live in Gastonia). Just taell me when & where, email PM. Jose is my name. I bought my first ever diesel 2011 Jetta 4dr & loving it.

lirunaway

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Golf TDI, Model Year:2006 Code:6 MFG:07/05 Vin:9BWGR61J364004114 Sales Model:9B1 538 Description:1.9 TDI High 100 Engine:BEW Type:TD CCM:1896 KW:74 Description:Pumpe-D... Transmission:GPC Type:A Number:09AH GVWR:4097 Front:2269 Rear:1850
If we're just looking for a place to eat, my vote would be for the "Iron Thunder" in Concord, NC. www.ironthundersaloonandgrill.com The food is great at a good price plus a nice view. The buffalo chicken is like an entire chicken breast you have to cut and eat half of just to get to the roll. Since the menu doesn't empty my wallet I usually give the waitress a little extra. I do commercial air conditioning and work all over the state. This is my favorie place to eat.

On the other side of I85 is the Concord Mall with the Bass Pro Shop for anyone looking to get a little more out of the trip.