Omaha, NE chat thread

CARTMATT

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI DSG
I also could use new windshield, but I know the day I do it a magical rock will find its mark again! Bad thing about cars sitting so low! Hope mine see's 500k!

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Good morning everyone! Just thought let you guys all know sometime next week I will a Malone Tuning DSG tool and will be able perform DSG tunes.

If anyone interested in having their DSG tuned feel free to contact me via email or phone/text and we can setup time where and when can have it done. For those that don't know what are benifits of having their DSG tuned follow this thread for all your answers http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=334467

Thank you!

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
Hey Losha

Sorry I missed your call, I was on my way to KC and the reception on that area is really bad.

What's the cost of the DSG tune and Can you do an ECU tune ?

Good morning everyone! Just thought let you guys all know sometime next week I will a Malone Tuning DSG tool and will be able perform DSG tunes.

If anyone interested in having their DSG tuned feel free to contact me via email or phone/text and we can setup time where and when can have it done. For those that don't know what are benifits of having their DSG tuned follow this thread for all your answers http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=334467

Thank you!

badsnakeii

TDI
2006 Jetta Gunmetal Blue 5spd
Requesting guru and or help tuning my 06 Jetta.

Hey guys.
I didn't make the gtg in Kearney and I'm in a serious need for a tuner with a vagcom or just a knowledgable guy in the lincoln area.
Also willing to pay a mechanic. Looking for a good reputable Volkswagen mechanic in lincoln/Omaha etc area.

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Hey guys.
I didn't make the gtg in Kearney and I'm in a serious need for a tuner with a vagcom or just a knowledgable guy in the lincoln area.
Also willing to pay a mechanic. Looking for a good reputable Volkswagen mechanic in lincoln/Omaha etc area.

I know a guy works in my shop.... Depends what ya need..

On side note.. Picked me up 2003 jetta tdi wagon 5 speed today...

I haven't looked into it yet, but how much / what do to , to get better mpg?

badsnakeii

TDI
My timing belt was changed but the guy never fine tuned the car after. It's running retarded im pretty sure. My guess is only a guess but I for sure need some help. She's only getting me 36mpg town 38hwy. Really like to also find someone to just help me around this car.
Thanks

badsnakeii

TDI
Yea the previous owner (who had the timing belt done) was getting 44mpg running he said about 50/50 highway to city. I'm almost positive the timing is off the way it runs rough after it reaches temp.
Idk I'm just hoping to find someone willing to help and get my car tuned better. Not looking to go crazy with it.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Any of you can recomend a Body shop, I want to paint the front lower lip.

I need to replace it, I pulled off and I got the replacement.

I got an estimate for $300 and it seems too much.

msiert

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 VW New Beetle 2006.5 Jetta Edition
Any of you can recomend a Body shop, I want to paint the front lower lip.

I need to replace it, I pulled off and I got the replacement.

I got an estimate for $300 and it seems too much.
I got my Jetta's entire front bumper painted for $297 at Maco (just north of Blondo on 72nd) last Sept. They did my front bumper for the bug for that too. It's been a year since the bug's bumper been done and it's still looking great and thats with a number of road trips too.

Last edited:

Whitley

TDI
Jetta
I've been stalkering this thread for quite a while and wanna say thank you guys for sharing nes and info! I really feel I'm doing better now due to your advice :) Cheers!

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Welcome ! Always glad to help anothet tdi owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFTiggerIntel

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS
Julio, not sure if you got the lip painted yet but we've had good luck with Offutt Collision off of Cornhusker and 15th in Bellevue. Side note we're going to put the JSW through it's paces for June. Traveling all over so we'll see how it handles the trips we have planned.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank You Cheryl, I will stop by to check how much they want.
Good Luck on your trips, let us know how the JSW handle the long trips, have a great time. I'm sure all of us enjoy taking trips on our TDI's.

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
anyone interested in a Malone Tuning tune? I am buying a tune myself and was thinking about just becoming a dealer since there is not one in nebraska yet... i would do the flashzilla tune option so it would only work on pre - 09 cars.

i also have a small shop here in lincoln - i mainly tear down VW's but sometimes save them. i have two techs that work for me at night and moon light - if you guys need some work done - let me know

local guy is parting out a 2002 TDI golf -
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb379/PARTSLINKENT/2002golftdi/
there is photobucket full of parts -
they are ebay power sellers - i worked for them over the winter
http://stores.ebay.com/Parts-Link-Enterprise
Not sure if they have this TDI listed on ebay yet -

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Suffer a fuel issue at the time of changing the fuel filter and lots of diesel was spray in the engine bay.
The good thing a hand car wash was next to the shop I was and they clean the engine but the smell and some diesel still there.

Any advice of what to do in this case?

CARTMATT

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI DSG
anyone interested in a Malone Tuning tune? I am buying a tune myself and was thinking about just becoming a dealer since there is not one in nebraska yet... i would do the flashzilla tune option so it would only work on pre - 09 cars.

i also have a small shop here in lincoln - i mainly tear down VW's but sometimes save them. i have two techs that work for me at night and moon light - if you guys need some work done - let me know

Do you have malone tune in any of your cars now? I want a tune but have read about how bad turbo creep is on malone and seen one smoke to much. But I may consider if I see in action. Whats going rate if you do it?

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
Do you have malone tune in any of your cars now? I want a tune but have read about how bad turbo creep is on malone and seen one smoke to much. But I may consider if I see in action. Whats going rate if you do it?
Its not the Malone tunes that cause turbo creep, if you take logs of your bone stock TDI you will see its horrible how its creeps. Mark's tunes are awesome and most importently they are custom to each vehicle, so if you're not happy with how its boosting or has excessive boost spikes or under boost you can take logs then email them to him and he will update the tune and email you back new tunes.

I've been almost a year as Malone Tuning dealer now and we tuned many vehicles from TDI's to gassers and so far no one ever complained about quality. Matter of fact most customers were amazed in difference between their previous tunes they had. Don't get me wrong Im not trying to brag about Malone tunes cuz a dealer but I am seen real results and differences on how he operates and quality of his products. If you have questions feel free to contact me and will discuss more.

CARTMATT

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI DSG
Its not the Malone tunes that cause turbo creep, if you take logs of your bone stock TDI you will see its horrible how its creeps. Mark's tunes are awesome and most importently they are custom to each vehicle, so if you're not happy with how its boosting or has excessive boost spikes or under boost you can take logs then email them to him and he will update the tune and email you back new tunes.

I've been almost a year as Malone Tuning dealer now and we tuned many vehicles from TDI's to gassers and so far no one ever complained about quality. Matter of fact most customers were amazed in difference between their previous tunes they had. Don't get me wrong Im not trying to brag about Malone tunes cuz a dealer but I am seen real results and differences on how he operates and quality of his products. If you have questions feel free to contact me and will discuss more.
Email to mark? If I buy tune from dealer they cant modify it? What typical tune cost? I am tired of being stomped by coopers and honda minivans!

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Suffer a fuel issue at the time of changing the fuel filter and lots of diesel was spray in the engine bay.
The good thing a hand car wash was next to the shop I was and they clean the engine but the smell and some diesel still there.

Any advice of what to do in this case?
WTH! :D It's not really funny but damn, picturing it happening made me lol. Man, you should have just came down to Lincoln, you know how we do it in the L town. Is it fixed now?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG

I have a RocketChips 1+ in my 06 BUT have a couple buddies that might like a tune and even though I absolutely love my RC, they may like not sending their ecu out more than just doing what I did.

Might have to connect with you once you get your tune to see how it is.

I work in Lincoln, my best friends are in Lincoln and I live in Omaha. Thank goodness I drive a TDI!

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
WTH! :D It's not really funny but damn, picturing it happening made me lol. Man, you should have just came down to Lincoln, you know how we do it in the L town. Is it fixed now?
LOL man the TDI was pissing diesel all over the floor LOL.
Looks like everything is ok, After 2 engine wash the smell is gone.
Next time I will go to Lincoln.

We need to GTG Mr.Rogers with everybody else.

vwsnaps

Vendor
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
anyone got a recommendation for a TDI mechanic in Lincoln?

i think my Injection Pump failed - it was hard starting for a few days, then decided not to start anymore... i replaced filter and o rings - even tried to prime pump wtih a mityvac - and i am just sucking AIR....

dont want to replace the IP if i dont have to but not sure who can diagnose

thanks in advance - text 402-202-6two99

CARTMATT

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 JETTA TDI DSG
I talked to that import and VW guy at 33rd and Huntington a few times. He seemed to know his stuff. Stop in and feel them out. I had DMF questions and he was dead on the nose. Always has a lot full of VW's.

_7_ TDI ™

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
I talked to that import and VW guy at 33rd and Huntington a few times. He seemed to know his stuff. Stop in and feel them out. I had DMF questions and he was dead on the nose. Always has a lot full of VW's.

DMF.... Thinking this is next on my Jetta as well, MrRogers and I may do it at the same time.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Common guys lets get together, the weather is really nice.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Anybody going http://www.omahavwclub.com/Show_and_Shine.html

I'm going, if anybody is planning to go we can meet somewhere and drive.

Hey I have some Diesel Purge and almost a gallon of Rotella Oil if anybody wants it, let me know we can meet somewhere.

Finally I got the lip back from the paint shop (not the best but well) and put a set of HID fogs.

Crappy pic but you can see, it looks ok.

Last edited: