www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 9th, 2011, 09:23   #46
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf tdi
Fuel Economy: 900mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankencar View Post
LOL! It sat for a little while outside.

I still can't figure out what idiot would have kept driving it till the piston looked that bad! The symptoms must have been INSANE!

I was driving when the AHU piston cracked - and it SMOKED HORRIBLY when it went. I had it towed home and pulled the head to find that tiny crack.
I have seen a few cracked pistons and cars still ran just not that great. How about the melted piston thats the one I was refering too. There were many warning signs on that one that were ignored or it was a turbo runaway and could not be stopped.
VWDAVID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:33   #47
JarHead
Veteran Member

Hey I never said the nozzles threw my Rod...At no point did I say that. I don't know what caused it. People Trolling this need to stop. I do not blame the nozzles one bit. Ran VAG-COM to double check everything found nothing out of place. I trust the Nozzles I would use them again.
JarHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:38   #48
Frankencar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWDAVID View Post
I have seen a few cracked pistons and cars still ran just not that great. How about the melted piston thats the one I was refering too. There were many warning signs on that one that were ignored or it was a turbo runaway and could not be stopped.
The melted 1Z piston came from a junk yard engine - so I never got a chance to ask the owner "What The **** is wrong with you?!?"... The other 3 pistons from that motor look good, so it wasn't a turbo failure based runaway. Most of the aluminum that melted off that piston ended up bonded to the bottom of the head, and in the exhaust port - mixed with a ton of carbon, pieces of the rings... The cylinder walls are wrecked beyond repair - I don't think going to 81.5mm would even clean them up. The motor could be turned over by hand though, and the rods, crankshaft, Intermediate shaft are all fine. The Turbocharger however is not - it's had some minor "modifications" to the exhaust wheel by the bits of piston that passed through it.
Frankencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:39   #49
JarHead
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel-dave View Post
you installed nozzles and car threw a rod... weird........ ive installed lots of geniune bosio's and rods never went...

getting on flame suit now....

At what part did say the nozzles cause this. Are you Retarded??
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:43   #50
Frankencar
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarHead View Post
Hey I never said the nozzles threw my Rod...At no point did I say that. I don't know what caused it. People Trolling this need to stop. I do not blame the nozzles one bit. Ran VAG-COM to double check everything found nothing out of place. I trust the Nozzles I would use them again.
Agree. If the damage caused to that 1Z piston (which was most likely a bad injector) didn't throw a rod - I can't imagine how bad a nozzle would need to be to throw a rod!

I will probably be buying a set of Titan nozzles for my GTI. I can't find any reason not to.
Frankencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:48   #51
JarHead
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankencar View Post
Agree. If the damage caused to that 1Z piston (which was most likely a bad injector) didn't throw a rod - I can't imagine how bad a nozzle would need to be to throw a rod!

I will probably be buying a set of Titan nozzles for my GTI. I can't find any reason not to.

I put 10k on these nozzles. Without one problem. If I end up with another ALH I will have these nozzles. Good luck with your Build.
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:28   #52
diesel-dave
Veteran Member

Quote:
No but I am begining to think you are. He said the rod was fine correc?. That is what we were taking about right a bad nozzle causing a thrown rod. If your talking about something else now you may have to catch me up.
Jarhead has no clue, he traded it in on a new car, on his road trip..so no one will ever know

Last mod was nozzles, oil was checked...on his roadtrip motor blew up....nothing follows

If you go back its all about jarheads car...tdis dont just self destruct for no reason...
2010 JSW wagon DSG loaded
2003 golf auto PP520's
diesel-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:35   #53
diesel-dave
Veteran Member

If you want piss away money being a guinea pig go right ahead.
Im just a customer that has zero issues with what i use, i try to pass it along and you guys start name calling...grow up

If you want to blindly be led off a cliff go ahead... ill stand hear and watch..
2003 golf auto PP520's
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:38   #54
diesel-dave
Veteran Member

Jar head
When you can adjust your own IQ and use a vag com you can start calling people retarded

Your car had blew up because of the owner period
2003 golf auto PP520's
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:40   #55
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarHead View Post
I know that but the one real troll here planted the seed that if you had bought bosio it would not have happen. Thats what sent this thread in this direection. I was simply saying a bad nozzle will not cause an engine to throw a rod not if the nozzle worked well enough to drive the car with out smoke.
Bottom line is he is a troll pimping bosio nozzles and because you went a different route (titian nozzles) that must have been the problem. One thing I hate about this site it like they try to lead the sheep to on pasture. I like to graze multiple pastures I dont like all my eggs in one basket either. lol

Sorry for you car though.
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:43   #56
VWDAVID
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you want piss away money being a guinea pig go right ahead.
Im just a customer that has zero issues with what i use, i try to pass it along and you guys start name calling...grow up

If you want to blindly be led off a cliff go ahead... ill stand hear and watch..

Really passing along your great experience with bosio is all good but thats not what you did. You tried to bash titian nozzles by insenuating that the nozzles cause his engine to blow. So you sir are the one that should grow up and go back to tdi school.
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:59   #57
diesel-dave
Veteran Member

Quote:
Really passing along your great experience with bosio is all good but thats not what you did. You tried to bash titian nozzles by insenuating that the nozzles cause his engine to blow. So you sir are the one that should grow up and go back to tdi school.
Bad nozzles can blow up diesel's period. If you do something then your engine blows up its worth investigating.
Too bad the car was traded in... we will never know...and thats a fact
2003 golf auto PP520's
Old September 9th, 2011, 14:14   #58
foxracer1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Low34/Avg40/best54

You guys are all speacial for blowing this thread up with endless fighting over unknown facts of more than one engine failure.

Wars are fought over religion, money, land, and brand of injectors for a TDI
Vag-Com owner
foxracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:25   #59
JarHead
Veteran Member

Quote:
Jarhead has no clue, he traded it in on a new car, on his road trip..so no one will ever know

Last mod was nozzles, oil was checked...on his roadtrip motor blew up....nothing follows

If you go back its all about jarheads car...tdis dont just self destruct for no reason...

Damn Dave. You must have been hiding in my Tool Box when I was doing this Mod. How do you know it was my last mod??? Did I say that is was my last Mod?? No I did not!! You are Bashing Nozzles you are bashing me. Why?? What did my Nozzles ever do to you? What did my car ever do to you? I have over 10k miles on the nozzles and over 240k on the engine. I don't think me lossing my engine had anything to do with my nozzles or the fact that I CHECKED....not adjusted my IQ with VAG-COM. Dude you are making this stupid. Please stop reading in to what I write and if you have something constuctive to add please do. If not Kindly Shut your Mouth!!!
Old September 10th, 2011, 07:27   #60
JarHead
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracer1 View Post
Wars are fought over religion, money, land, and brand of injectors for a TDI

LMAO Very nicely put.