www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > TDIFest 2016

TDIFest 2016 Discussion about TDIFest 2016 on the Labour Day weekend (September 2-4, 2016) in Door County, Wisconsin.

Old April 8th, 2016, 06:34   #16
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

The V's are in as. Be great to get back to Wisconsin.
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 07:40   #17
duwem
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Used to get 45, but big wheels, big brakes and a roof rack, 36mpg now

If I become a "contributing member" and I want to bring someone along with me, do they pay too? I'm confused at what's all free what you pay for? Like is the car show open to the public but you pay to be in it or?

I actually accidently stumbled across the last WI TDI Fest in Lake Mills, WI back a decade or so ago. I lived down there and just ran across it. Bunch of TDI's parked in a lot, and a dyno at one of the shops in town.

Everyone was talking about veggie oil and cat fuel fitters back then.
Panzer FMJ Skid Plate, PP520's on Flow Balanced Injectors, H&R 28mm Rear Swaybar, Eurosport X Brace, TT Shifter, 42DD shifter Bushings, exhaust restriction reduction, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, TT front control arms, spindles and brakes, 17" wheels w/ Potenza Summer Tires

Last edited by duwem; April 8th, 2016 at 07:45.
duwem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 11:29   #18
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwem View Post
If I become a "contributing member" and I want to bring someone along with me, do they pay too? I'm confused at what's all free what you pay for? Like is the car show open to the public but you pay to be in it or?

I actually accidently stumbled across the last WI TDI Fest in Lake Mills, WI back a decade or so ago. I lived down there and just ran across it. Bunch of TDI's parked in a lot, and a dyno at one of the shops in town.

Everyone was talking about veggie oil and cat fuel fitters back then.
"Contributing member" allows you and minors (presumably your children) to attend the event. Upgrading to "Enthusiast member" adds another adult.

We support this ad-free community through member subscriptions, and admission to TDIFest is our way of thanking you for your support. The event is members-only, but anyone can join at any time.

Casual onlookers from the community are welcome to peruse the outdoor event spaces, but they will not be entitled to attend any of the other events at Fest or be able to book a room at the hotel.

I think you'll find that the event has grown in scope since the previous Wisconsin Fest, with more club-sanctioned activities, technical sessions, and infrastructure that requires funding. I'm confident that you won't be disappointed.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; April 8th, 2016 at 16:31.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 14:33   #19
rbrennick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Take the Red Eye Home as there really isn't anything to see in the middle of lake Michigan anyway. The discount for the nighttime ride will cover the cost of the stateroom. It will be daylight when you hit Ludington. Have traveled this numerous times the Big Boat is just a great experience. Usually by the time I have managed to fall asleep within an hour we were there. Many others skip the stateroom and sleep on the deckchairs under the stars in sleeping bags or just blankets. It's cold out there even in the middle of summer
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Michigan.html
Per the ssbadger.com website page "Schedules and Fares":
NO 1:00AM depart Manitowoc crossings on 6/12,7-5, 9/4 or 9/5

A tad pricey too, for two humans and a car round trip...
rbrennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 14:41   #20
ATR
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
"Contributing member" allows you and minors (presumably your children) to attend the event. Upgrading to "Enthusiast member" adds another adult.

We support this ad-free community through member subscriptions, and admission to TDIFest is our way of thanking you for your support. The event is members-only for various, but anyone can join at any time.

Casual onlookers from the community are welcome to peruse the outdoor event spaces, but they will not be entitled to attend any of the other events at Fest or be able to book a room at the hotel.

I think you'll find that the event has grown in scope since the previous Wisconsin Fest, with more club-sanctioned activities, technical sessions, and infrastructure that requires funding. I'm confident that you won't be disappointed.
Thanks for the link

Went for the mid tier

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 19:48   #21
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 46-48 mpg ave. Warm weather 38-42 cold weather. 35-38 extreme cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrennick View Post
Per the ssbadger.com website page "Schedules and Fares":
NO 1:00AM depart Manitowoc crossings on 6/12,7-5, 9/4 or 9/5

A tad pricey too, for two humans and a car round trip...
Sorry I didn't look at the schedule before I posted my bad. I didn't say take it round trip and I didn't say it was cheap now did I?
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2016, 20:04   #22
whitedog
Veteran Member

I tried to sign up through the WIKI but it refused.

GOOD Deadpool!
whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2016, 04:16   #23
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedog View Post
I tried to sign up through the WIKI but it refused.
You can't sign up through the wiki; it's just an information page.

The only things you can do right now are book a hotel room (highly recommended) and purchase a forum subscription at http://forums.tdiclub.com/payments.php

Registration for the event will open in May.

Old April 9th, 2016, 07:15   #24
whitedog
Veteran Member

you may register for TDIFest 2015 by visiting our registration page at events.tdiclub.com.

But not until May.

GOOD Deadpool!
whitedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2016, 08:04   #25
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitedog View Post
you may register for TDIFest 2015 by visiting our registration page at events.tdiclub.com.

But not until May.
Yeah - 2015 is over and done. I just fixed the wording on that.

Old April 9th, 2016, 09:36   #26
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Take the Red Eye Home as there really isn't anything to see in the middle of lake Michigan anyway. The discount for the nighttime ride will cover the cost of the stateroom. It will be daylight when you hit Ludington. Have traveled this numerous times the Big Boat is just a great experience. Usually by the time I have managed to fall asleep within an hour we were there. Many others skip the stateroom and sleep on the deckchairs under the stars in sleeping bags or just blankets. It's cold out there even in the middle of summer
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Michigan.html
Thanks for the information. We will use it to get there. The 4 hour break would be nice after a long day on the road. Then finish the trip with a hour half left on the trip.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016, 08:56   #27
AARodriguez Corp.
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor
w/Business number

I'll see you guys as always and we'll have some incredible new products out there along with the diesel BMWs and hybrid twin turbos kits.
Old April 10th, 2016, 10:08   #28
BuzzKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARodriguez Corp. View Post
I'll see you guys as always and we'll have some incredible new products out there along with the diesel BMWs and hybrid twin turbos kits.
Someone might bring a rolling demo 500hp X5D too.........
BuzzKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016, 12:35   #29
Savageman69
Veteran Member

there may even be a hybrid turbo touareg joining in
2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Map - Gutted/Painted Muffler
Savageman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2016, 14:19   #30
Toronto_TDI

There may also even be a CR170 Hybrid Jetta joining in.
Toronto_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote