Incorrect Key Programming code a problem?

TurboSlug

TDI
2000 Jetta
Hello all,
Ever since I've had a local shop program a spare key for my '00 Jetta, I've had a constant blinking light driving me nuts. The spare works fine since it's been included into the computer. Ran the code through Vag-Com and this is what it returned:

01179 Incorrect Key Programming 35 - 00

Car still runs and drives fine. Should I clear the code?

LarryLymb

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI Wagon 2003 Mojave Beige, 5 speed
This looks like the fourth thread for the same problem. But regardless, try a few cycles of off and on with the key on several trips to see if that clears it. Then, turn the key upside down and see if that stops the flashing light. And then report back.

TurboSlug

TDI
2000 Jetta
My apologies, I must not be using the search browser right...:(

Other then that, I'l give it a go.

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
any more ideas on this? i have the same problem. 2 have 2 keys, i bought a 3rd from the local VW dealer and had them cut it. i have the 4 digit code for the car (2000 Jetta). did the programming with vag-com and the immo light on the dash always blinks and has the same DTC code in it- 01179 however the car runs fine. i was able to program the car to work with the remote's from all 3 keys. however the blinking light is annoying and its my girlfriend's car.

been searching for sometime and haven't found the solution.

thanks in advance for the help.

joetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2-2002 Jettas W/Auto
TurboSlug said:
Hello all,
Ever since I've had a local shop program a spare key for my '00 Jetta, I've had a constant blinking light driving me nuts. The spare works fine since it's been included into the computer. Ran the code through Vag-Com and this is what it returned:

01179 Incorrect Key Programming 35 - 00

Car still runs and drives fine. Should I clear the code?
What is the part number of the key that they sold you? Joe

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
joetdi said:
What is the part number of the key that they sold you? Joe
Hi Joe,

according to the dealer invoice, its 1J0-837-246-D-ROH. the key half of the remote has no part # i can see on it. it has the HAA on one end just like the other 2 keys.

the remote itself has HLO 1J0 959 753 F on it.

Here's a pic:

also just to reiterate- i started with 2 working remotes. i bought a 3rd. the first time i programmed, all 3 keys would start the car, but each key would cause the IMMO light to blink the whole time the car was running. the 2 original keys still operated the remote functions. i then programmed it so that all 3 keys would operate remote functions. right now all 3 keys will remote lock/unlock/trunk just fine.

however i've tried to re-learn the keys a few times to get the light to stop flashing and it seems now all of my keys won't learn correctly. right now 2 of the 3 will start the car..the third starts and then dies. same dtc code as before. i think i can get all 3 learned up if i try, but that damn light is where i'm confused.

prior to doing this i had NO stored dtc's and no IMMO problems.

I appreciate any insight that can be offered!

Here are the directions i followed:

Code:
Procedure for matching keys to vehicles with        Immobilizer in the Instrument Cluster:
      (includes many 1999+ Golf/GTI/Jetta/New Beetle/Passat, also Audi)[LIST=1]
[*]                     [Select]
      [17 - Instruments]
             [Login - 11]
      Enter zero followed by the 4-digit SKC. 
      For example, if your SKC is 1234, enter 01234.
      [Do It!]
[*]       [Adaptation - 10] 
      Enter  21 in "Channel Number"
             [Read]
      The "Stored Value" is the number of keys currently matched.
      Enter "new value" of 0
      [Test]
             [Save]
      This clears out the old key-matchings.
      Enter a "new value" corresponding to the total number of keys        to be matched,  including any existing keys
      [Test]
             [Save]
[*]       [Done, Go Back]
             [Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
      Switch ignition off and remove key
[*]              Insert next key to ignition and switch ignition on again
      The warning light for the Immobilizer will light up for ~2 seconds, then        go out
      Switch ignition off and remove key
[*]       Repeat step 4 with each key until all keys have        been matched.[/LIST]