tdi Good day Bad day

ash101

TDI
seat leon
Hi I have a 2007 seat leon tdi 170 bhp (dpf) with 39000 mile on the clock Which seems to run fine one day then not quite up to the mark the next its like slightly down on power and not so smooth and hasslightly higher/louder idle.

Ill list what has been done so far-

1- New fuel filter and injector cleaner purged the sysytem.

2- Had a new swirl vacum actuator as diaphram was holed.

3- Checked ingector range at idle with vag com and all are with in
tollerence.
4- Its had cambelt change 2 months ago.
5- Had new air filter.

6- Checked dpf with vag com and well bellow soot load threshold.( no whare near % of regen so the problem isnt the car regening)

7-Tried buying diesel from different pump stations.

8- New maff fitted.

9- Checked for visually forvacuum leaks cant see/hear any.

Iv also noticed it seems to run fine directly after a regen

Has any one got any ideas what it could be as im out if ideas.I must add on a bad day the car dosent run realy bad just not quite as good as a good day but there seems to be more bad days than good. It feels like ur driving with the parking brake slightly on.

Any help would be apreciated!!

Last edited:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
How is the brake pad wear? Excessive?

ash101

TDI
seat leon
How is the brake pad wear? Excessive?
Its had new pads recently Iv checked that no binding or nothing.Im thinking its something to do with fueling as its fine directly after regen.When in regen it injects more fuel so perhaps its not getting enough normaly.Im clutching at straws now Lol

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
There has been issues with the EGR sticking open a bit here causing similar issues.