VW Corrado, with PD upgrades!

Crispy_8V

TDI
Mk1/A1 Golf GTTDI, Mk4 GTDI & Corrado TDI
I though it was time to share my latest car project, keeping it to back to my roots of a TDI VW!
A classic White VW Corrado, she was built in 1989, so one of the early ones!

Originally 1.8 16V, when I got it 3 or so years ago she was a NONE runner project, which had been bought as an unfinished project! At some point a 1Z 1.9TDI unit had been fitted straight from a '96 Passat
I'd got it running in that form fairly well, but decided to go for a PD 130 ASZ unit going it, as the 90 Brake engine worked well but know it could be better!
I was hoping to add a couple pictures as soon as I work out where to host them since Photobuckets cut back without paying!
I'll be honest I've not taken as many pictures as normal, instead I've started a rather small YouTube channel which seemed a good idea at the time being easier filming and getting on with it but takes loads of time putting together one video!
Out of respect for not taking away forum traffic I'm not going to link to the channel - all I can say there's not many TDI Corrados conversions on there and I'm way further on than any Video I've published, and I'm no Presenter/ Vlogger!!
The End Goal
I'm swapping the 130PD engine, with 6 speed 02M manual gearbox, with an attempt of also getting factory VW ESP working!!
The bonus if I get that far, would be A/C working
Then aiming to get mega high MPG figures in a retro chassis :D

Zed.

TDI
'89 B3 T'die Passat wagon. '95 T4 van (1Z T'die converted). '87 mk2 Golf AHU tdi converted /02a etc. '92 & '95 200tdi Landrover Discovery
I was hoping to add a couple pictures as soon as I work out where to host them since Photobuckets cut back without paying!
just use https://imgur.com/upload?beta don't have to join, just upload & link:cool:

as to high mpg's, lastweek i did a 500+ mile roundtrip to York in my '93 B3v, averaged 58 so I'm happy with that:D

although I'm still considering PD's for my cars:confused:

as to the aircon, the tdi will have the suitable wiring in the loom, just a single (iirc?) wire to raise the idle:confused:

same with Cruise, have that working in both my tdi'd B3's, tdi'd t4 & tdi'd mk2:cool:

Rich.

Crispy_8V

TDI
Thanks for that rich, I might have a look at that, did see it but uneasy not needed a log in/future control over my pictures
I have an Instagram account, but can't link, same pic on Flickr which seems to work! Don't know how :)

Looking little rough as I got it 3 years ago, that ivy is still trying to grow back
MPG with the 1Z and Passat box was in region of 57mpg (UK) if was on constantly 65mph, rpm around 2.4K K

Crispy_8V

TDI
I've been fair busy with this project and enjoying it :D
Spent a lot of time stripping the head to port it, my ordinal plan was to build it back up in the the mk4 chassis and strip back wiring to what I need!!
As my wife likes to remind me I planned to swap engine in a weekend, which didn't happen
Partly because I've been filming stuff for YouTube, and I'm no actor/presenter or film maker so stuff took ages :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:
Heres a pic of the inlet port before the final pass

The old 1Z engine pulled out

I'll do couple more updates soon, I'm off to work!
I'm chasing subscribers, so if anyone would like to take a look my channel is at Crispy's Projects

Crispy_8V

TDI
Bit of an update!
The engine got pulled out of this 130PD with loads of character! :) Honestly the car had been sat up for 12-18 months and wouldn't of taken much to pass the local tests and go back on the road, surprisingly good pulling motor
So much stuff i reckon i need its more economical to buy a whole car, glad I did

The old engine mount moved cut and moved back a of couple inches, even though every one said the Epytec mount needs no welding