Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW GTi 1Z powered. 06 Jetta PD. 01 allroad 6sp
Last edited:

bengone1

TDI
I think there are 6 sets installed. Big turbo, stock turbo, and even one stock DPF equipped car (not recommended). No issues to date.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I have them installed on my wife's bone stock 2011.. No issues other than a flap position error which is an easy fix with either a tune or a small piece of aluminum from dieselgeek that's just for fixing that code..

Fuel economy is similar or maybe ever so slightly better, power feels about the same, maybe a pinch more around 1800-2200rpm.. Best part is we'll never have to wonder when the plastic butterflies are going to break off..

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
what happens with the motor? do you leave it in place? or is there a block off plate for the motor too

bengone1

TDI
I have removed the motor on all and even cut off the bracket on some of the tuned cars I have installed them in.

bengone1

TDI
I just keep the round insert the lever arm attached to. To be fancy I just grind off the nub for a flush appearance.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
what happens with the motor? do you leave it in place? or is there a block off plate for the motor too
I left hers in place.. still haven't made anything to eliminate the error though.

She has opted to keep the car and have it "fixed", so I'll be removing the plates when it goes in for the fix, and with the settlement $ it'll get "re-fixed" and tuned..

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Matt I got a set of these from Ben. If I can every get mine sarted and running I could let you know. But Gene in Yorktown had them on his car before selling it back to VW. He said it was like night and day difference!

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
im looking to get a set of these delete plates. i want to delete the flaps AND the motor

bengone1

TDI
*** 13Feb23 Starting another run of these. should be a couple weeks until shipping. Comment down below or shoot me a PM.***