INA: TDI product offerings -– billet CCV 1.9/2.0/2.5 TDI FLUIDAMPR & more

madcowintucson

Veteran Member
TDI
golf
Or for the idiots like myself, 3 free washers on the serpentine belt tensioner and everything lines up perfect for the alh:/

Seriously, you don't need to make new or machine anything to make this work...maybe the three spacers is a little to much for people to add I guess.

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Looks like your and everyone else's prayers might get answered.
I submitted a rendering tonight of what modifications need to be made to the current 1.8T unit to make it work on all the TDI's. The end product will be application/customer specific so please bare with me while Fluidampr & I work out the details.
I am going to push to have the pulley NOT have a "1.8T" or any other markings on it other than the Fluidampr logo. The AAZ and other pre-1999 TDI's require a spacer and the ALH / Post 1999 1.9 TDI's require machining so the mounting face is going to get alot thicker (thus adding weight). Now comes the fun part of R&D and seeing how we can incorporate it all without interfering with the viscous coupling. Once Fluidampr's lead Engineer comes to an agreement , we will move forward with a batch which will then be finalized inhouse here @ INA and then black zinc plated to the customer's specs.

in layman's terms we are making 1 pulley and then machining the mounting hub to suite your engine. It will be marked for THAT specific engine to avoid confusion when reselling to another party should you decide to remove it in 2-3 years.
Any idea what this "pilot pulley" will weigh?
Hope it's as heavy as practically possible. Maybe there's some room for extra silicone?

Thanks for re-visiting this and making a better damper for the TDI crowd :)

I'm tossing my hat into the ring for buying one when these come to fruition.
+1
Count me in for one too.
Almost bought one earlier. Glad I waited.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Count me in for one as well!

Too bad it won't work on the Passat B55, might cut down some of the O1E harmonics maybe.

Last edited:

INA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2.5 TDI
Count me in for one as well!

Too bad it won't work on the Passat B55, might cut down some of the O1E harmonics maybe.
Because of the A/C under the turbo manifold?

Would it be OK if we ran a list that way we can see exactly how many need to be made? Ball park for a $375 USD price.

steve05ram360

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 2D Golf

Would it be OK if we ran a list that way we can see exactly how many need to be made? Ball park for a $375 USD price.
So this would just be a special build for the head count on the list? I definitely want one however I am on an employer sponsored vacation :D atm and will have to wait until the vacation ends. :p

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
I'd be interested if they are available soon, engine is going back together

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Are these available now?
Scrolling up to 2 days ago...
Looks like your and everyone else's prayers might get answered.
I submitted a rendering tonight of what modifications need to be made to the current 1.8T unit to make it work on all the TDI's. The end product will be application/customer specific so please bare with me while Fluidampr & I work out the details.
I am going to push to have the pulley NOT have a "1.8T" or any other markings on it other than the Fluidampr logo. The AAZ and other pre-1999 TDI's require a spacer and the ALH / Post 1999 1.9 TDI's require machining so the mounting face is going to get alot thicker (thus adding weight). Now comes the fun part of R&D and seeing how we can incorporate it all without interfering with the viscous coupling. Once Fluidampr's lead Engineer comes to an agreement , we will move forward with a batch which will then be finalized inhouse here @ INA and then black zinc plated to the customer's specs.

in layman's terms we are making 1 pulley and then machining the mounting hub to suite your engine. It will be marked for THAT specific engine to avoid confusion when reselling to another party should you decide to remove it in 2-3 years.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI

Yeah because of the 2 accessory belts.

I would be interested in one for my mk4 ALH, an one for my B55 Passat.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
Yeah because of the 2 accessory belts.

I would be interested in one for my mk4 ALH, an one for my B55 Passat.
If you can get me the part # of your A/C comp we can possibly make it work by spacing the A/C comp foward and running a parasite billet pulley off the fluidampr for the A/C.

bzeien

Veteran Member
TDI
Smyth Performance G3F #9, formerly known as "2004 Jetta BEW", 2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
Please sign me up for one for my 2004 BEW TDI! :)

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Still a little confused...
When will the Fluidampr's be ready?
Aren't ALL post 99 tdi's the same? I'd like one on my ARL motor.

INA

TDI
2.5 TDI
The people I listed above. Do you mind adding your engine code to the list? I have a bunch of 1.9 TDI / 2.0 TDI pulleys coming in and i want to be 100% sure everyone gets taken care of.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This damper isn't going to incorporate more fluid? Even if not, a sale is a sale and I won't have to have a spacer made, based on your initial post for this batch.

robnitro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS silver
This damper isn't going to incorporate more fluid? Even if not, a sale is a sale and I won't have to have a spacer made, based on your initial post for this batch.
That's what I meant earlier and was shot down.
I stated how fluid dampers like they do in tires don't have to be "calibrated" to the application, hence not as much need for R&D as is claimed. Ok they had to make one that dimensionally fits the ALH, so that is machining, not "balancing or calibrating fluid".

But marketing is marketing, and now you get the response on how a damper made for a 1.8t would work on a 1z/afn which is very close to an ALH (not the 1.8t) would work?

I think if they say that is the solution, the spacer should be included. God forbid they say the spacer you got made is wrong, and blame issues on that. (been there with vendors at my job- always liability risk).

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
But marketing is marketing, and now you get the response on how a damper made for a 1.8t would work on a 1z/afn which is very close to an ALH (not the 1.8t) would work?

I think if they say that is the solution, the spacer should be included. God forbid they say the spacer you got made is wrong, and blame issues on that. (been there with vendors at my job- always liability risk).
Yeah, I know we wish for a heavier damper due to the diesel application though that will not come to fruition.

That being said, call me lazy or w/e though I'm indifferent to that, but I'm favoring a complete solution. My 1Z is already incredibly smooth after the rebuild and I did the upgrade for the point of longevity of the motor. If what I remember from TDIMeister is right, the damper works on first order torsion damping.What we feel in NVH is 2nd and 3rd order forces, thus are generated by the 1st order ones.

I also have a 14 lb flywheel and though it isn't harsh, it's noticeable that I have less mass due to how it idles in gear and NVH. I'm curious how this will affect that operation.