X-Man's turbos for sale! 2260VK, 2260VKLR, PD170, hybrids, and more

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Octavia mk2 BXE + hybrid @175bhp/400Nm
GTB2260VKLR ball bearing Garrett turbocharger

Hi,
I have for sale GTB2260VKLR turbocharger with very low mileage. It has been checked by a company building hybrids for me for shaft play, seals condition and I've been told it's in perfect working order,

I'm looking for £700 + delivery + paypal fee. Can be collected locally in Scotland if any one wants to.

Pics:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
one GTB2260vk is good to go, £400 + delivery + paypal fee

First come, first served!

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Which exhaust manifold would I need to bolt this too?
it bolts on just fine onto AWX manifold (with a flange), is your engine transversal or longitudinal ? what car is it going to be fitted to? make, model, engine code?

cheers

Last edited:

Dorkage

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Wagon TDI, 2004 Golf R32
ALH in a mk4 wagon/variant. Currently have the integrated exhaust manifold VNT15.
Which way does the turbo sit once bolted? Is the exhaust housing facing the front(acc pulley) or the back(flywheel) of the motor?

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
ALH in a mk4 wagon/variant. Currently have the integrated exhaust manifold VNT15.
you can try to hang it on AWX manifold but there may no be enough space behind the engine you would have to make some room for it or go for custom manifold, I will have GTB2260vk with manifold to fit Fabia/Ibiza and it should also fit other transverse 1.9TDIs

here is the prototype:

the final version should have come with a flange between the manifold and the turbo so there is no welding necessary, I should have one in 1-2 weeks time it's still in development

Dorkage

Veteran Member
TDI
So this turbo requires a top mount? Or can the oil feeds and drains be positioned correctly to allow it to be a bottom mount with the exhaust facing the flywheel?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
So this turbo requires a top mount? Or can the oil feeds and drains be positioned correctly to allow it to be a bottom mount with the exhaust facing the flywheel?
in both above cases the exhaust side is facing the flywheel, oil feed/drain lines needs to be done either way so it is all up to you, I'm planig to add some braided oil lines as an option soon so they can be ordered together with the turbo

Dorkage

Veteran Member
TDI
Alright, I need to work some OT first to pay for these toys. How many have you sold? And how long will you be able to supply them for?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Alright, I need to work some OT first to pay for these toys. How many have you sold? And how long will you be able to supply them for?
just a few so far (5 or 6) these are a nightmare to get recently, I'm hoping to have them in stock on regular basis but so far it's like hunting them down rather than simple ordering in...

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
ALH/AJM/AHH, BXE/BKC, ASZ/BLT hybrids back in stock + vacuum converted GTB2260vk and GTB1756vk are also available

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
still available I do also have vacuum converted GTB2260vk and GTB175vk in stock

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
another vacuum converted GTB2260vk is available I do also have GTB1756vk with AFN manifold and flange available for £500 + delivery and paypal charge or £400 on their own

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
X-Man,

I moved three of your threads from the Private Items For Sale section to the Vendor section because you are a vendor. I then merged those three threads onto one general turbos for sale thread since vendors can only have one active thread in the vendor forum and it's silly to have three threads about turbos in the same forum.

Please familiarize yourself with the vendor rules.

Thank you.

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
X-Man,

I moved three of your threads from the Private Items For Sale section to the Vendor section because you are a vendor. I then merged those three threads onto one general turbos for sale thread since vendors can only have one active thread in the vendor forum and it's silly to have three threads about turbos in the same forum.

Please familiarize yourself with the vendor rules.

Thank you.
ok noted thx

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
GTB1756vk pics:

AFN manifold with flange for 1.9TDI longitudinal engines

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
How 'bout resizing them pictures, Sundance???

Seriously, WAAAYYYY to big!
I always thought that good quality pictures are more than welcome so you can see exactly what you are about to buy, maybe you should just try to change your screen resolution or something they aren't that big after all..

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Agreed, the thing is you can link to the bigger pictures. Not everyone has a huge screen and by embedding them you have to stroll to see the whole thing.

For example:

You can clearly see it is a Mk3 Jetta tail light housing. But if you want to actually read the lines you click on it and a bigger picture appears.

It makes it easier to follow what I'm looking at because by time I get through the photos I scroll back and forth a few times to remember what I'm looking at.

GTB1756vk

Then people with wide screen monitors can see it all on one line AND link to the full sized version. People with narrow monitors it automatically wraps to a new line, but you can still most likely still see the heading.

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Agreed, the thing is you can link to the bigger pictures. Not everyone has a huge screen and by embedding them you have to stroll to see the whole thing.

For example:

You can clearly see it is a Mk3 Jetta tail light housing. But if you want to actually read the lines you click on it and a bigger picture appears.

It makes it easier to follow what I'm looking at because by time I get through the photos I scroll back and forth a few times to remember what I'm looking at.

GTB1756vk

Then people with wide screen monitors can see it all on one line AND link to the full sized version. People with narrow monitors it automatically wraps to a new line, but you can still most likely still see the heading.

ok let's say you are right, how exactly do I do that like you just did?

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
ok let's say you are right, how exactly do I do that like you just did?
Upload your photo twice.
1st time you say resize 320x340. That is what goes in the img tags.
2nd time upload it like you have normally. That is what goes in the

Dorkage

Veteran Member
TDI
If you use www.imgur.com , which is loads more friendly than photo bucket or image shack, it will automatically make a thumbnail for you. I think it even has the correct markup to use the thumbnail with a link to the large one. !

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Looking forward to my GTB1756VK! :-D
tracking says it's already in USA so you should get it soon maybe even tomorrow, post some comments once it's fitted, this is the first GTB1756vk I've sold ;)

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
the only real benefit from a VC turbo is the GTB vane setup so its not really any better than a PD150 or cupra turbo?
I've just had a chat with my supplier this morning regarding this and he says GT1749vc it's a 3rd generation VNT turbo and that refers to the new design variable geometry setup known from GTB turbos and to the wheels as well you can simply compare the compressor wheel design in GTB2260VK and in the hybrids I'm selling with any stock GT1749v turbo.

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
GTB1756VK + transverse manifold £500 + delivery + 3.9% paypal fee

GTB1756vk with manifold for 1.9TDI 8V transverse engines (ASZ/ARL/ALH/AHH/AHU/ASV/BXE/BLT etc...) just arrived this morning

£500 + delivery + 3.9% paypal fee

...and gone

Last edited:

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
GTB new price giude

as much as I would like to keep the prices low due to supply difficulties the guide prices for vacuum converted GTBs are now as follow:

GTB1756vk - no manifold £400 - PD170 BMN version + £50

GTB1756vk with transverse or longitudinal manifold £500

GTB2260vk no manifold £450 - PD170 BMN version + £50

GTB2260vk with transverse or longitudinal manifold £650

braided oil feed line £40

downpipe flange £20

Still no manifolds for 2.0TDI available yet.

unfortunately these are not easy to come by and the prices may vary so please always contact me to confirm price and availability.

The GT1749vc hybrids prices remains the same £350

Delivery (estimated) UK - £15, EU - £30-£35, US/Canada - £50-£70

Paypal fee 3.9%