Midwest Light Creations- HID Headlights and Retrofit Kits (Headlights by Jeff)

TDI
2013 Volkswagen TDI SE
Just to let everyone know jeffs still checking emails and responding. I emailed him on November 13th and he emailed me back the 16 which is a reasonable time for a reasponse especially since hes a busy guy.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
I placed an online order on August 11th. I immediately received an email stating the order had been received and that I'd get another when they shipped. So far nothing ... and no response to emails or messages sent on on his website. Phone calls go to voicemail & there is no response. :(

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Might be time to check what the time limit is to file a dispute with credit card company...?
Hopefully, he's just super-busy, or took some vacation time (and forgot to put note on his website); seemed like a stand-up guy when i ordered from him a few years back, despite a couple issues I had with the quality of the work.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
I received an email! He said he's having problems obtaining the lenses he needs to build the lights. While I get that, it would have been nice to have been told that when, or shortly after, the order was placed.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
If I'm not mistaken, MKIV Jetta glass lenses are sold out everywhere (if that's what you ordered). Damn pandemic...

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I received an email! He said he's having problems obtaining the lenses he needs to build the lights. While I get that, it would have been nice to have been told that when, or shortly after, the order was placed.
I had the same problems with him, basically sent him a no interest loan. He responded with a text within minutes of going through PayPal. Said he had a set with plastic lenses on the bench he could send out right away, but I declined and asked for a refund because I didn't trust him after being ignored. Then he went camping instead of sending me my money. If it wasn't for being ignored for weeks and not being told he didn't have and couldn't get glass lenses, I would have waited. I went right back to PayPal and spelled everything out. My money came back immediately. It appears he does a lot of buying and selling of electronics on Paypal.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
He was answering me just fine this summer. I gave up on the glass and got the plastic - didn’t want to wait any more.

supply chain issues are everywhere, sadly.

Boraflux

Seems like another previously reputable vendor turned sour. I sent some glass MK4 lenses to him two months ago for a light buildup. Doesn't answer phone calls, rarely responds to texts.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I've emailed him texted him like a month ago and no answers, so very poor PR

bhsramz

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta; 2005 JSW; 2010 Touareg w/ Air
I reached out through his site and got an email back a couple weeks ago. I replied and haven't heard back yet, but I am not in a hurry to get lights built.

I am sure this is a busy time of year for everyone, so hopefully Jeff is available in the new year.

jj128

TDI
04 golf
Old thread but I thought a good one to revive. Midwest is still up and running. I put in an order for my MKIV March 31, 2022. They responded fast with my question about which relay to get. Can't beat made in America Baby!!