RYAN P's 6 speed 02M Conversions and ALL Euro TDI Parts

texas

TDI
2005 mk4 jetta tdi, 99 beetle tdi, 2002 beelte tdi
Bought and installed the darkside pd130 fmic kit. Very good quality. They fit the bew tdi just asked for the euro crash bar. Still cheaper with everything than any American made fmic I have found also you still end up with crash that is not a thin bar. Now I'm got most supporting mods for big turbo upgrade.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Bought and installed the darkside pd130 fmic kit. Very good quality. They fit the bew tdi just asked for the euro crash bar. Still cheaper with everything than any American made fmic I have found also you still end up with crash that is not a thin bar. Now I'm got most supporting mods for big turbo upgrade.

Show us some pics of the installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas

TDI
Show us some pics of the installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks just like the picture in the instruction including in the pdf. Sorry i did not take a ton of pictures since i was in a race against the clock. Owed a member here a favor for letting me do timing belt on turbo s beetle i just purchased. anyway ill start a thread when my other parts are here since i will be adjusting the fit a little after installing the pd150 intake and darkside race pipe. The worse part about the whole install was drilling the crash bar. Forgive the silicone not being trimmed in the bumper was not sure how how much adjustment i would need in the coming month.
[url=http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=120165&title=2005-tdi-jetta&cat=500][/URL]

[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

CRD4me

Veteran Member
TDI
MB CRD & VW PD
All,
I would like to take a few moments here to thank Ryan, for the incredible support I received, in parts and advice, in order for me to complete this build.
I'm now rolling with a DRW 6 speed gear box on a MK4 with BEW and I'm very pleased with how everything turned out :)
Ryan was realy patient with me, since I took alot of time to complete this build. Every time I was seeking for advice, he responded within a few working days. Delivery of the assemblies was incredibly fast. When I saw that big box arriving I was like whoa!! That's fast ... 3 days IIRC.
I'm very mecanicaly incline as I work in in a very technical mecanical environement, but after all it was a very fun project to do and I'm very happy with the results so far :)
For those looking at mileage, I can't comments for the moments because it's been less then 5 hours that I turned the starter on the car lol.

Also I'd like to thank Roseland tech team for their incredible support I received in parts and advise also. The delivery is very fast also and they will make all the possible effort to sustain your requirements for a part at any given time. My build involved many other things, such as engine restore, coolant main pipe, timing belt, wheel bearings and many others... Without Roseland tech, considering what I did, it would have cost me a fortune if I would have been through the regular dealership part store.
Sincerly Kudos to Ryan and Roseland Tech !!!

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Hi Donny,

Thanks for the review, ii would say responses were quicker than days!

Hope you have many more happy miles with the car!

CRD4me

Veteran Member
TDI
MB CRD & VW PD
I agree Ryan answers were provided on the same day or on the next day at the latest :)
Thanks Ryan.

Firehawk09

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
Hey guys! I have talked to Ryan about buying one of his kits but need to find someone experienced willing to do the install. I am located in Houston but don't mind driving a bit. Just putting this out here to see what i can find. Thanks in advance!

texas

TDI
Hey guys! I have talked to Ryan about buying one of his kits but need to find someone experienced willing to do the install. I am located in Houston but don't mind driving a bit. Just putting this out here to see what i can find. Thanks in advance!
Dsp in Denton texas. The owner made the alot of the instructions in the link. Super nice guy. He can even tune it so your cruise still works. Last week he swap a manual into an auto vr6 jetta.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Recently ordered and installed two of Ryan's 6-speed conversion in '03 ALH Wagons. Fast delivery and promises kept. Installed Peloquin LSDs in both transmissions, so got to look at the internals. Virtually no wear on any internal parts. Very satisfied with the results. Thanks Ryan!

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
ok so what is the most current price conversion on this, from UK to US?

trans and clutch into a 5spd MK4. I come up with $1950.00 that right?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
£1200 is $1475 at the moment, drop me an email or PM if you need anything else pricing up :)

Happy Holidays!!

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
PM Ryan. Good thing the exchange rate is to our advantage :D
i will, but I have to buy the MK4 first haha

I picked up a RyanP 6spd the fully built it back in 2012 for my 2nd 03 ALH, then moved it over into my 3rd TDI after I totaled it out, after that I sold it off on the forum here when I bought my 2014. now that I'm selling that back I need another MK4 in my life but those 5spds piss me off so much after having 6 for so long.

I am aiming to pick up another trans from Ryan come February if everything goes right.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
i will, but I have to buy the MK4 first haha

I picked up a RyanP 6spd the fully built it back in 2012 for my 2nd 03 ALH, then moved it over into my 3rd TDI after I totaled it out, after that I sold it off on the forum here when I bought my 2014. now that I'm selling that back I need another MK4 in my life but those 5spds piss me off so much after having 6 for so long.

I am aiming to pick up another trans from Ryan come February if everything goes right.
Well I converted mine to manual and found one for under 500 with the tranny and everything needed to convert from auto to manual. Couldn't pass it up. I don't know what a 6 speed is like and don't want to haha.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
Well I converted mine to manual and found one for under 500 with the tranny and everything needed to convert from auto to manual. Couldn't pass it up. I don't know what a 6 speed is like and don't want to haha.
well have fun with your dumpy 5spd. That's like saying picking up a hot chick at the bar is too much work so you'll just find a fatty at the local McDonalds instead.

if cost saving is your true goal then just buy cheap throwaway $500-1,000 gas cars.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Just wanted to make a quick comment on my impressions of the 02m. I was most fortunate in recently buying a 2000 Golf from boertje in which he'd swapped out the 01m for the 02m (purchased from Ryan).

Compared to the 02J the 02m is a dream. Shifting is extremely smooth (stock clutch is wonderful too- holds significantly more power than the stock 02J clutch). I have the same basic gearing as the 02J except that I now have one more gear. Higher speed cruising is effortless, the car in this form (with DLC520s and Malone stage 2 tune - same set up I have in my other two Golfs) is as close to perfection as you can get (for a highway cruiser that's crazy efficient with fuel economy).

Anyone looking to swap out an 01m and wants to keep their MK4 for as long as they can, and if running lots of highway miles, ought to seriously consider spending a few more bucks and going with the 02m.

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Just wanted to make a quick comment on my impressions of the 02m. I was most fortunate in recently buying a 2000 Golf from boertje in which he'd swapped out the 01m for the 02m (purchased from Ryan).

Compared to the 02J the 02m is a dream. Shifting is extremely smooth (stock clutch is wonderful too- holds significantly more power than the stock 02J clutch). I have the same basic gearing as the 02J except that I now have one more gear. Higher speed cruising is effortless, the car in this form (with DLC520s and Malone stage 2 tune - same set up I have in my other two Golfs) is as close to perfection as you can get (for a highway cruiser that's crazy efficient with fuel economy).

Anyone looking to swap out an 01m and wants to keep their MK4 for as long as they can, and if running lots of highway miles, ought to seriously consider spending a few more bucks and going with the 02m.

Completely agree with the above review of the 02M. I also installed a Peloquin LSD during the swap. It is a completely different car now. I can now apply power in 6th gear with confidence. This was not the case with my O2J .622 5th. I always felt it would strip the splines if I did not "ease" into the power. This modification is worth the effort and the cost.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.

Yup, and that 02M has the code of "FMH", one of the newer versions. I used the Sachs clutch kit that was used in the U.K. with TDI for the PD150. Glad she is doing well for you.

stevecis

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon,2005 Beetle,2003 Beetle
Auto swap

Hello
Can you give me your current prices for a auto to manual swap? Not looking for anything crazy I just have a auto trans on the way out.
please email me at steve@ciswrap.com
Thanks

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Just going to send an email :)

(mophead)

TDI
03mk4 golf/81caddy
I bought one of you o2m conversion kits for my 03 alh a few year ago and am wondering if you'd sell a trans by itself? I think mine may be having issues. Nothing on your part. I love the kit you assembled and I've gotten 80ish k out of the kit. I'm
Having issues with first. Also I see your with dark side. Any side mount intercooler kits for a alh with a pd150 Intake and a vnt17? I just got a new dark side race pipe but haven't been able to install the intake I got off of you yet.

bobbiemartin

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Tiguan TDI 4Motion, Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD
Also I see your with dark side. Any side mount intercooler kits for a alh with a pd150 Intake and a vnt17? I just got a new dark side race pipe but haven't been able to install the intake I got off of you yet.
I have this exact setup on my Golf. All you have to do is let them know what turbo/intake/etc you have and they will send you the correct parts.

CRD4me

Veteran Member
TDI
MB CRD & VW PD
Anybody knows on what car we can find this driver side axle PN : 1J0407271GC
I'm trying to cross reference the part, but can't seem to find the donnor car.
Thanks