www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old November 24th, 2016, 23:14   #466
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanc69 View Post
This Whitbread cat reminds me of Johnny Manziel because when I do a cursory search for him on here all I find is pics of his lakeside property and an intent to go jet skiing on the weekend. I am pretty sure facebook is for jet ski plans and TDIclub for gnarly or not so TDi discourse. Killer TDi work is like winning the Heisman when you are a Freshman and now look at Johnny Football. Thanks for the heads up MAXRPM! From LA to SF truly is a beautiful drive. I am so glad Whitbread never got back to me re my text, gmail, and/or PM inquiries.
he got me and still taking me for a ride, still no resolution to my case he just kidnapped my $ parts and so on,,, He may not be getting in this forum but I am sure he is in another.

DRIVERS FIRE COMPLETE KIT GTB2260VK
MAXRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 10:51   #467
turbovan+tdi
Veteran Member

Wow, still nothing, that's sad.

Looks like he was last on here, or signed in, Aug 25/16.
2003 JSW 1.8T future TDI, silver. 2006 JSW, TDI 5 speed, blue.
turbovan+tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 05:26   #468
Bob S.
Veteran Member

I do no know Matt but understand his talents/abilities & understand he has a full plate. Being self employed with family and life pressures taking priority & time and building to the point of overwhelming and getting so far behind that it is embarrassing & is easier to ignore a client rather than call, I understand how situations like this develop. Hopefully, it can be worked out.
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:21   #469
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S. View Post
I do no know Matt but understand his talents/abilities & understand he has a full plate. Being self employed with family and life pressures taking priority & time and building to the point of overwhelming and getting so far behind that it is embarrassing & is easier to ignore a client rather than call, I understand how situations like this develop. Hopefully, it can be worked out.

Ignore a client yes,,, but not when a client has given him around 3.5K in parts and $$ and please guide me to the equation how to work it out???? I have been dealing and looking for a solution on this issue over a year and he just continue ignoring all my calls,, only time he texted me was about 6 months ago and asked me to give him 1K more to finish project??? go figure!!! a self employed person does NOT do this type of business to his clients taking them for a ride,,,

Old November 27th, 2016, 01:21   #470
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

sorry double post

Last edited by MAXRPM; November 27th, 2016 at 23:46.
Old November 27th, 2016, 01:22   #471
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

double Sorry triple post

Last edited by MAXRPM; November 27th, 2016 at 23:45.
Old November 27th, 2016, 06:32   #472
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

just wow....crazy.
Old November 27th, 2016, 08:15   #473
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 B4V

MaxRPM,

How about deleting the triplicate posts?
1996 B4V, Hella E-Codes, GLX leather, EuroTuning.cz 02A 6 speed conversion w/.71 5th and .588 6th gear, A4 shift linkage by Matt-98AHU. 11 mm pump by Oldpoopie. Now, GTC1549VZ turbo by Whitbread. TDtuning, 24 lbs. boost, 162 hp, 285 lb/ft tq. Smoke Free (9/18/15). Koni Yellows and Big Brake 5 lug conversion.
john.jackson9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 08:35   #474
PB_NB
Veteran Member

Seems like there have been some bad experiences and some good ones!

I have a few positive experiences to share:

1) PG Performance - Surrey, BC. They deal with all VAG cars.
Paul is extremely knowledgeable and goes the extra mile to service customers. I would recommend him and their shop for OE and aftermarket parts.

2) HPA Motorsports - Langley, BC. They deal with VAG cars and do a BEW into a Jeep conversion as well.
Marcel and his team are "top notch" when you need some work done. His guys are meticulous and it shows in the work they do.
I would recommend them for supply and installation and manufacturing of performance upgrades.

I know what Bob S. is saying and you tend to want to cut a bit of slack for someone who is trying to make it but overwhelmed. However, it is very important that the customer isn't forgotten in this case. You just can't ignore the calls, your business will not survive cause people will talk and will go elsewhere.

So for all the vendors that are looking at this thread, please answer your phone and give spenders the time of day. We will most likely understand the issue(s) and work with you towards a solution.
1999 New Beetle TDI - Bosio 1019's, Malone S4, Skid Plate, Neuspeed Sway Bars, KW V2, 19's BBS-CH, Spyder LED's, EGR Delete, VF Mounts, South Bend Clutch, B&M Shift Kit, VNT17, Custom Side Mount Intercooler, HPA Big Brakes 355mm Ft/335mm Rr, 2.5" Custom SS Straight Through Exhaust, Colt Stage 2 Cam, 3 Bar Map.
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2017, 21:57   #475
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonTDI View Post
just wow....crazy.

Hoping 2017 I'd get all my parts and $ that i invested with Matt Whitbread, still no show and only BS, so far

Old March 23rd, 2017, 11:49   #476
jasonTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXRPM View Post
Hoping 2017 I'd get all my parts and $ that i invested with Matt Whitbread, still no show and only BS, so far
Pathetic. Really it is. He may not like me saying so but I don't care. Do business right or don't do it.
Old March 24th, 2017, 12:04   #477
SuburbanTDI
Veteran Member

I think everyone should take heed as the TDI market contracts. There will be some enormous pressures on parts suppliers.

Most of the suppliers started with a tailwind of new Internet access and the absolute USA diesel boom that was the mkiv. Now they just had the carpet pulled from beneath them as years of diesels were removed overnight, fresh builds were halted and old stock TDI's continue to shrink.

I'd expect the suppliers to both reduce in number and continue to expand range to different marques. There will be at least a little collateral damage as the suppliers get culled back.
SuburbanTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 23:51   #478
swetbak
Veteran Member

Thanks for the macro perspective. Probably too early to be looking for the barn yard tdi find, but I think you are spot on.
swetbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 07:22   #479
jasonTDI

You guys have no idea what it did to the small shops....when you go from 50 CR's a month to 3....you go back to the old cars for work or work you would have passed on. Class action suits should have covered the losses of the shops for the fraud committed.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:47   #480
cheezy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: NB-52.6, B4-37 city on 2 yo fuel!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonTDI View Post
Pathetic. Really it is. He may not like me saying so but I don't care. Do business right or don't do it.
This.

Life moves pretty fast, just picked up an old PM from Jason he'd returned months ago, about TB work. We were both swamped.

Accountability keeps a service based industry doors open. It's a domino effect into a person's business and life. Positive accountability, as Jason has, helps keep these cars rolling.

Timing is everything and hopefully this missing $3500 Whitbread has made off with, returns to the owner.
cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote