01 Jetta Transmission issue- Cannot resolve

writhe82

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI
I took my car in over a year ago to get the transmission repaired. Ended up being a total rebuild. Decided to go with it as I like my car and want to keep it.

After a year the car started shifting hard and it wouldn't change gears until about 4200 rpm.

Thankfully the transmission was under warranty. However, the car has been back in 2 more times, once after two weeks and now after just one week.

I need some help as to what might be causing the transmission, which has had to be rebuilt every time, to have the torque converter fail.

Using Vagcom I have found one code that are being sent from the transmission.

01192 - Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch
04-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

I am growing very tired of having to deal with this and not having any confidence in my car. PLEASE HELP!

The transmission shop cannot seem to figure this out.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
01M's, after about 150,000 miles become boat anchors. They're not a very reliable component. Rebuilds rarely last and it seems that the best method of repair is to replace entire unit with a new one from VW.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Agreed. A rebuilt VW slushbox is a waste of time and money. Contact TDI club member CoolAirVw if you want to resolve your problem.

Of course the tranny shop has no clue. The 01M can't be rebuilt with any expectation of being reliable.