FYI VW EGR Cooler Re-Call

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
FYI all 2004/2005 PD Jetta/Golf TDI owners,

I just got a re-call letter from VW for my 2004 Jetta Sport. They want me to bring it in for EGR Cooler replacement.

Its about time that VW has acknowledged the problem and is actually re-calling the cars.

Not sure if you guys remember but folks have been battling this at different dealerships with various outcomes across North America for some time now.

The letter actually says all 2004-2005 TDI's are being re-called and also mentions that any customers that might have replaced this part and paid for it are eligible for re-imbursement. NICE, coz my Golf was out of warranty when I had to get this fixed back in January, although after quite a bit of calling around and haunting the stealership I was able to have VW pay for the parts and I only paid for labor which was still close to $400, now I can get that money back and have RichCA unitronic the Golf:D

Anyways thought I post it here so if someone bought a used car they may not get this letter but still are eligible to get the work done so call your nearest dealer asap!

Atif

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Get them to clean the intake while they are replacing the EGR Cooler

Khal

Veteran Member
I am taking mine in tomorrow... I'll see what they say about cleaning the Intake... something tells me that I will be paying out of pocket for the cleaning

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
Correct Khal, I'm taking one on Thursday and the other on Friday. I asked the service guy when called for appointment and asked if they'll do the intake, this dealership will charge extra for any additional work.

Khal

Veteran Member
Yeah... Needless to say I did not get it done. I am just over 57k, so don't think it is time for the Intake. The time will come when it is around 100k :)