FixxFest 2014 Track/Show Day

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
Just thought i post up my results, they are not great.. but they are not terrible.. i couldn't finish a full 1/4 mile run without having to shift early to miss the RPM point where my fuel rail drops to low and throws me into fuel cut limp mode, or i shifted earlier to prevent it and didn't run as fast.. The track was a love hate relationship.. i would launch and no matter how high in RPMs i launched from the grip would cause me to bog out of the hole and then i would have massive wheel spin for end of 1st and beginning of 2nd.. so i tried the take off gentle and then punch it method.. but the downside to that was better 60 ft times but massive wheel spin in 1st and 2nd....so my lack of 1/4 mile experience got the best of me on the track..

Best 2 runs:

R/T 0.329
60ft 3.22
330ft 7.85
1/8mi 10.68
1000ft 13.48
1/4mi 15.82@95.89mph

R/T 0.550
60ft 3.34
330ft 8.11
1/8mi 11.10
1000ft 13.82
1/4mi 16.20@94.44mph

Want to give a shout out to AARodriguez@Malone Tuning for helping me out in getting adjustments to the tune for further refinements... every update is making it that much nicer of a car to drive...

Last edited:

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
What mods are you running?

Those 1/4 mile times are nothing to brag about :(
Ya, i know.. but im sure it has a LOT to do with my lack of knowledge on how to launch the car properly on super sticky pit and me hitting limp literally right before the 1/4 mile mark from fuel cut...so both of those the very end of it i was just coasting through the 1/4 mile line...

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
Your mph is pretty good, but the 60's are high, its hard to launch a car with that much immediate tq without slicks.

Car looks great though!

Last edited:

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
1/4 mile time's would be much better with slicks no doubt.It definitely takes practice to use the power you have and put it to the ground.Do you have a current dyno # for your car ?

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Your mph is pretty good, but the 60's are high, its hard to launch a car with that much immediate tq without slicks.

Car looks great though!
Thanks man, the car is a handful in 1st and 2nd.. i can rarely go above 3/4 throttle or i just wheel spin for days on street tires..I sent the logs from track day to Mark and apparently something was off because he made some corrections for me and the car gained a lot of bottom-end spool/power that i never had before.. the boost was there, but the power just didnt match the amount of boost i was seeing.. whatever he did was a huge change and i am so grateful for him to be such a good friend to find these changes for me from so far away. I just wish i had this current tune for that track day.. the car feels way faster...

Last edited:

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
1/4 mile time's would be much better with slicks no doubt.It definitely takes practice to use the power you have and put it to the ground.Do you have a current dyno # for your car ?
No i have not sir, i have just been so busy and the car is not driven everyday.. its sits alot due to my surgeries this year on my left knee and recovery i have been through for each surgery.. so i have not gotten around to it.. after FixxFest i had to ice down my knee because i was hurting..

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
On the bright side, your car looks fast. :p
Thanks man, i love the way the car looks.. simple, clean and refreshing with a spice of power under the hood.. its very hard to keep a relatively fast compared to stock car nice and clean looking when you go to car shows.. its normally one or the other.. rarely do you see both in one car.

Spike_africa

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI/w DSG
Jesus no wonder your times suck. Your 60' is terrible. You have over a full second waiting in just dropping the 60' time to around 2.0-2.1 60' which is totally possible on street tires.

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
Jesus no wonder your times suck. Your 60' is terrible. You have over a full second waiting in just dropping the 60' time to around 2.0-2.1 60' which is totally possible on street tires.
Ya, the guy at the ticket building told me that if i could drop my 60 ft i would run decent numbers.. he said every .1 off of the 60 ft translates to around .2 off the 1/4 mile.. not sure how true that is.. but if its true that would put me in the 14 second range with a decent 60 ft

TOPH R

Veteran Member
TDI
Stupid GMC 2500HD non diesel :(
High 60' on street tires is the curse of a car that likely makes 350-400lb ft at low rpms, ease up on the guy.

I don't know how you are gonna do it on street tires, maybe others could chime in?
Really sticky street tires maybe?

Dirtracr95

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Sedan DSG
Can you manually adjust ride height with your bags or is everything preset ride heights? The GTP and Gm3800 crowd would jack the back end up with helper bags in the rear coil springs or with coilovers and keep the front low to put more weight over the front and reduce weight transfer. It was pretty common to see 1.8-2.0 second 60' times consistently.

Spike_africa

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI/w DSG
Ya, the guy at the ticket building told me that if i could drop my 60 ft i would run decent numbers.. he said every .1 off of the 60 ft translates to around .2 off the 1/4 mile.. not sure how true that is.. but if its true that would put me in the 14 second range with a decent 60 ft

That is 100% true. That's why you have so much left in the et with some work on getting out of the whole. The mph is good for mid 14's. You just need to learn to ride the clutch on the way out in first gear. You have to find the sweet spot of spin vs. speed. A little spin is ok as it will keep the motor from bogging. It took me a few months at the track to get my Mustangs stock 245 wide rear tires to go from 2.8 60' down to consistent 1.9's and 2.0's just takes time and practice. The mph is way higher then I would of guessed so its got the steam for mid 14's no problem.