Ibiza 1,6 TDI serious upgrade

Aeggos

TDI
Ibiza 1,6 TDI CR (186 hp)
Im looking for ppl who did something simillar with the 1,6 TDI :)

The car is now remapped to 140bhp/340nm with EGR delete and a bigass intercooler from darkside.

Our project is making the DPF delete, mounting a CR170 turbo and performing a custom remap, which should take my 1,6'er to 200-220 Bhp/400+ nm.

Heard of or did something simillar?

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
I know at least 190bhp has been done. At some point you would run out of fuel, but don't know where that level is on these 1.6TDI engines. 340Nm is massive! Is that dyno numbers?

Aeggos

TDI
The car is now remapped..

186 hp / 350 nm :)

Yes alcaid its dyno numbers..

They should be precise cause 2 different dynos were accurate within 1 hp of eachother :)

We are trying to go up to 200 hp, but theres a limit in the darn siemens ECU.

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Congrats! Please share the dyno printout so I can see how much bottom end is sacrificed with the bigger turbo. Only thing stopping me from upgrading as the silly 5 speed BlueMotion gearbox in my Passat has so looong gears so it really needs the boost early to be driveable. My dyno is linked to in my signature

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
165bhp on stock GTC1244VZ turbo? :rolleyes:

Ah, never mind, read the build thread. Butt-dyno numbers still needed to be confirmed by a proper dyno run....

Last edited:

CourierGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf(Summer) 2003 Golf(Winter)
Is it just me, or what... seems a lot of our European friends across the pond have sick power numbers on their TDIs? Or at least MORE of them then US...

That's not cool! hehehe

K

kyssmarc

Awesome performance for a 1.6 diesel.
I saw somewhere that the 1.6tdi is prone to con-rod bending if you tune with big torque.
I guess that the newer versions have upgraded con-rods from factory...

Alcaid

Veteran Member
TDI
See signature
Looks like they used 20% drivetrain losses on that "240bhp" dyno run, that is a LOT for a FWD car... :rolleyes:

Losses is even plotted on the dyno, showing close to the more common 10% or so. meaning 220bhp is more in lines of the actual performance. Still good numbers for this engine and must be the current record :)

sparco

TDI
Peugeot 207 1.6HDi90
In Portugal are even some guys who are reaching 240bhp at the moment from the PSA (not VAG) 1.6 common rail diesel ;)

Aeggos

TDI
I heard that the skoda rapid guy are 100% fake.
dony know if its true though..

You can see all the Dynos from WD denmark here.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=827092207310214

They make a collaboration with darkside devwlopments and they REALLY know how to push those tdi's.

Mine is the one saying "Ibiza upgrade turbo" pretty far down :)

Happy reading friends

Aeggos

TDI
Oh yeah i heard the portuguese guys had bended conrods on the earlier tdi CR's, by only stage one remaps.

so conclusion must be we got upgraded ones in the newer engines..

Mine is 2012 :)

Pedro Cação

TDI
Golf VI TDI
Oh yeah i heard the portuguese guys had bended conrods on the earlier tdi CR's, by only stage one remaps.

so conclusion must be we got upgraded ones in the newer engines..

Mine is 2012 :)
Hi Aeggos
Like others said there are already some 1.6TDI projects with over 180hp using the 2.0 TDI turbo and a DFP detete
I also have a 1.6 TDI but in a Golf VI, with a DPF delete and a mild remap with around 140hp and 300Nm
I think if you are looking for big power gains, this 1.6 is a very poor engine, not much torque in low revs, and not very good overall fuel consumption
You should find a 2.0 TDI Ibiza FR, much more usable power, no problems with bad fuel injectors and comes with a 6 speed gear-box :)

Alcaid, Aeggos and DarrellGB keep us informed about your cars
I wish ours 1.6 TDI a very good 2015 year :)

Last edited:

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
Turbo being fitted and mapped end of Jan, spending 5 days at Shark Performance (they are making sure it's right) Brakes being upgraded at the same time (from a 2014 Leon FR 185).

Bits already done, S3 Intercooler, Milltek exhaust (one designed for the Golf Mk5 GT TDI), VW Racing filter, Whiteline front and rear ARB's, Eibach Pro kit with Bikstein Shocks. Handles like its on rails, couple of track days set up for this year which should be fun :)

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
Dropped the car of at Shark Performance this morning, big list of jobs:

- Turbo install
- Darkside Developments Hard Pipework Kit fitted
- Stage 2 Custom Map
- Brake upgrade, hubs, callipers etc
- Bilstein Shocks, changing from 50 to 55mm to accomadate the new hubs

When I pick it up next week I should be the proud owner of the (as far as I know) most powerful 1.6tdi in the UK :)

DarrellGB

TDI
Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi
Well the results are in and it's supassed my hopes and broke the 200bhp barrier. As far as we know our Skoda Yeti Greenline is the most powerful 1.6tdi in Europe.

It's currently running at 206.9bhp and 342.3Ft Lb (464Nm), that's at 2.0bar of boost, the turbo is good up to 2.6bar but we are going to run it for a while before pushing it any further :)

There are more details on the Skoda Yeti thread and the ADE Tuning website / Facebook page :)

Aeggos

TDI
Little update :)

My car has driven 60,000 kilometers with 186hp/370nm

We made a new map with Panther Performance :)

Just got a dyno with

215hp and 415 nm

Theres a very flat torque curve with 375 nm at 2200 rpm
And still 370nm at 4100 rpm.

the good thing is this map is almost smokeless!!

0-100 kmh. Around 6 sec.. when cold and moist