Tuning Question: A/C ON vs OFF

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
I have wanted to know the answer to this for a while now and the person I asked it has been so busy that he has not gotten around to it so I figured I would ask this question in regards to the CR140 engines...

Are there different tuning maps for each condition on the new CR140? I ask because my car drives like a crazy ape when the A/C is turn off but as soon as I turn it on it feels like half the power is sucked out of the engine or what not.. the engine just isn't the same with the A/C on

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
If you watch with VCDS on timing graph, turn compressor on = retarded timing vs. off

Not sure how many degrees drop but it is noticeable on EDC15. Your ecu is more advanced so it might attempt correction better than mine :)

If you know you're going to run the compressor all the time maybe just anticipate and flash a more advanced tune to begin with.
But you will still have the same parasitic loss whether you feel it or not. No way around that if you want A/C

storx

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta CR140, 2010 Corvette Z06
oh ok, didnt know that ill ask malone about it if there is something different we could do.. i just dont like to bother him with every little question i have if i can get an answer from the public.. he is a busy man