PD/VE Engine/Transmission Parts Interchange

Redneck Truck

Gone, but not forgotten
TDI
2008 Touareg V10, 2001 Audi TTQ Roadster TDI 6-speed, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 6-speed
In planning my TDI swap into my Jeep Cherokee, it has become apparent that the current belt routing won't work, due to clearance problems between the front differential and the A/C compressor. I'd like to install accessory brackets, accessories, starter, and a flexplate adapter from a 2005 Passat TDI, but was recently told by a salvage yard that these parts do not interchange (2005 TDI vs ALH) and are as different as Ford and Chevy. Does anyone know what will interchange between the two engines, and to what extent? Think motor mount brackets, oil cooler/filter setups, bell housings (bolt pattern only), accessory brackets, alternators, accessory belts.

drrck

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MKIV
Someone with more knowledge will have to correct me but I believe that 2005 Passat TDI parts aren't going to be compatible with an ALH or BEW as those are both A4 chassis engines and the Passat is a B5 chassis.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Some parts might bolt on some will have to be custome. Everything from the air intake to how the engine sits is different. Also you have a 2.0 engine and likely will need the expensive balance shaft fix before it takes the engine out.