Valid reasons for getting phase 1 fix right away

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
Setting aside the restitution amount, is there a compelling reason to go ahead and have the phase 1 fix done right away?
Of course there is the industrial strength warranty that will give you more leverage over and above the factory warranty say in the event of a hpfp failure. But with only 20,000 miles on the clock would my "fix" warranty have more longevity if I were to wait longer?
I did read this in the disclosure: An update to the engine cooling fan operation will allow your vehicle to cool more efficiently and may alter the sound that the vehicle fan makes once the engine has been turned off. This update is not related to the emissions issue, and is addressed in the spirit of continued vehicle performance improvement.
Comments?

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
Would you people quit quoting this guy? The Ignore button works quite well until someone quotes the guy.

Armby

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf
Sorry. Its like a chain reaction car wreck that goes on for miles. You just can't look away. I'll stop now.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Only one valid reason that I know of. To quote JG Wentworth, 'You have a structured settlement, but you need cash now.'

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Doesn't it fix the mileage figure in place for the restitution? That is, if you have 20k on it now, you can have 120k at phase 2 and you still get the full money for a 20k mile restitution. It's a real advantage if you're a high mileage driver.

S2000_guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen TDI
Doesn't it fix the mileage figure in place for the restitution? That is, if you have 20k on it now, you can have 120k at phase 2 and you still get the full money for a 20k mile restitution. It's a real advantage if you're a high mileage driver.
Beer-influenced post deleted...

Last edited: