Annoying fit and finish problems

Lotfw

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1995.5 Canyon red
Two problems I have been having with my 99 TDI.

The interior cloth liner which covers the rubber strips between joints has fallen down in to different places. The first the rubber and the cloth came down together and was able to push back into place. The second the cloth seperated from the rubber and needs to be reglued/reattached somehow.

The other problem I have been having is with yellow waxy substance leaking out of the door frames. What the heck is it. I am not the cleanest person with my car but I dont where this stuff is soming from.

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
The yellow stuff leaking out the doors is cosmoline, an anti-corrosive that's injected into the doors to keep them from rusting out internally.

I had the same thing happen on a Toyota p/u truck I used to own.

Don't know what to say about the cloth/rubber stuff as I don't understand what or where you're having this problem.

Good luck.

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
Yup, the yellow stuff is VW Puke. It's a wax based interior panel rustproofing. That's why 15 years from now your VW will be rustfree if you wash and wax the exterior a couple times a year. 3m sells a spray adhesive for headliners and trim. If the dealer can't figure it out, do it yourself.