Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

maschwar

TDI
Jetta, 2003, silver
Off Road Diesel

Just a question, Is there any difference in Off Road Diesel Vs. Non-Off Road Diesel other than the obvious fuel color ? Not that I would use off Road Diesel in my Jetta.:cool:

EURO-BELG

Veteran Member
MEXICO CITY... Formerly known as Phoenix,AZ.
TDI
2006.5 TDI package 2/DSG,tpms, 2002 TDI 5spd GLS, 2000 TDI 5spd GL
I wander that to? I know a lot of people drive the "red" diesel in secret in europe but have you noticed the fuel line under the hood? That's already place one where they check on a traffic stop, more things are done to the fuel as well.. as in magnetized etc... if they take a sample it will beep.

I've never ran on it... but I wander to if it is 100% the same... in napa valley,ca there was a pump dispensing diesel and off road diesel. It was an unmanned station, just swipe your cc and it was about 30 or 40cents less back than...:rolleyes: :D

So I cannot tell for sure if it won't do anything because I have known cases that with a severe amount of die engine damage may occur.. So I don't know what to tell you.:confused:

What we do know is that it is not all that legal... but yeah.. so is driving to fast.. and for that matter people that drive without insurance or drivers licence or docs that causes severe accidents seem to get off fairly easy.. without prosecution or anything. Victims are left in te dark!:mad:

Anyway, just my experience with it.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
MS prices, etc.

maschwar said:
Just a question, Is there any difference in Off Road Diesel Vs. Non-Off Road Diesel other than the obvious fuel color ? Not that I would use off Road Diesel in my Jetta.:cool:
Off road diesel has a much higher sulphur content. Hopefully someone knows what it is now, but I recall it being something like 10 times what is in LSD!

Grenada, MS -
Scott $2.399
BioWillie B20 $2.42 (may have changed since last week?)

Greenwood, MS -
Scott $2.489 (Both stations, 10-Dec)
Wal-Mart $2.489

Jackson, MS -
Flying J ULSD $2.319! :)

Matthews, MO -
Love's $2.419

Last edited:

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Fuel by me seems to be holding in the $2.47-2.49 range while RUG slowly creeps up. I've had two new stations go up well within 1 mile from here and they both have diesel pumps with the small nozzle.

rpatey

I live in Toronto, Ontario and I am now paying 90 cents per litre which works out to almost 4 dollars per gallon

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, guys diesel here in SE Kentucky ranges from $2.39 to $2.51 per gallon.

I used the "red stuff" back in September of 2004 just after the hurricanes. The local stations were selling it because regular diesel was not available. I never noticed any change in performance!

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
maschwar said:
Much written about it here, just do a search.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
About $2.95 in San Diego, $2.72 in Yuma, $2.59 in Winslow, $2.48 in Amarillo, and $2.39 in Kansas City MO. But I would not recommend traveling that route except to avoid possible snowstorms further north.

euromade

Veteran Member
TDI
Back to the gasser world
TornadoRed said:
About $2.95 in San Diego, $2.72 in Yuma, $2.59 in Winslow, $2.48 in Amarillo, and $2.39 in Kansas City MO. But I would not recommend traveling that route except to avoid possible snowstorms further north.
W. Michigan ranges $2.50(d2) - $2.69 and $2.75(bio)

etextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta
Tyler Tx. $2.49 at most Valeros and Chevron, I-20 at FM314 (mm~520) posted $2.45 at Loves.Nice facilities,snacks,r/rooms if you're traveling with family.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$2.39 for diesel at the new Raceway in Woodbridge, NJ. The pump has two nozzles. It has the small nozzle for cars, but the truck nozzle is a small nozzle with a collar on the tip so it won't fit into cars.

slapshotjh

Veteran Member
TDI
97 GLX B4V
Paid $2.58 at the Citgo in Cobalt(near Portland), CT today. They have a high speed truck filler too.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
Worth repeating...

Found this link in another post, but it's a good way to keep tabs on prices in your area, if you live near truck stops. Or, if you plan on travelling.

Diesel Boss - click on the images at the top to be taken to that company's website and their current diesel price listings!

I use the printer-friendly versions of many of these on my PDA when I'm travelling, so I know what kind of prices to expect on my trips...

donsdiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2004, Silver
It's hard to find it for under $3.00/gal where I live in Glendale Ca. I did find it for $2.92/gal about 30 miles away in San Dimas.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
Just filled up this morning at Love's along 1-10 in Chandler (just S of Phoenix) AZ. Price $2.459/gal. (Note: their website and the road sign says 2.539 but in AZ their pumps at the auto islands are set at 0.08 less due to the state tax difference for light vs heavy vehicles)

A mile away I saw a Circle-K store at 2.799.

Both were USLD

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
BioWillie / Love's

Love's in Matthews, MO was $2.379 last night... They're giving Oklahoma a run for cheapest diesel around!

Earth BioFuels (BioWillie) in Grenada, MS was $2.479

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Flyn' J exit 192 off I10 before Tallahasse, Florida $2.52/g. Average around Gainesville is $2.80/g out by I75, $2.69/g in town, with a couple stations at $2.59/g. Only bio involves calling ahead and taking drums to a distributor to fill up. Haven't been in a hurry as I have nowhere to store any fuel (apartment).

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Anywhere from 2.69 at the Thornton station west of O'Hare (outside of C(r)ook County) to 2.89 at Speedway north of O'Hare. A 20 cent difference in a 5 mile span. saw it for 3.09 in Palatine IL the other day. Amazing how much money you can save on the same commodity if you shop around a little.