What did you do to your car today?

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I extended the antenna in the car so I wouldn't have to look like I was a deranged psycho path most of the time...except for when I'm cursing at the shed for not opening with the remote.

06SpiceRedTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Spice Red TDI Jetta, 2006.5 DSG Platinum Gray TDI
Tis not what I did to my car but what my car did to me. the Clutch went tits up, FUBARed

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Installed new Blaupunkt speakers in the front doors. Popped off the dash grilles to assess possibilites for speaker replacement there.

New tires came in, just awaiting the Corrado rims from IMPEX.

Justler

Veteran Member
paramedick said:
Installed new Blaupunkt speakers in the front doors. Popped off the dash grilles to assess possibilites for speaker replacement there.

New tires came in, just awaiting the Corrado rims from IMPEX.
Wondering if anyone has good solutions for replacing the rear tweeters?

My Infinity Perfects are starting to rattle... I may have to hot glue/JB Weld them in!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Unsure. My car has Infiniti separates in the back. Popped out the old treeter, and the new tweeter went back in the same place with a little effort. No rattles.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i spent ~10 hours cleaning and detailing both cars, using vinylex - that stuff is awesome :) made a CCV filter using a $13 agricultural line strainer/filter - going to also make a CCV dump so i can switch between ccv -> intake or ccv -> atmosphere. oh, and then the other day my clutch went (or something in it) :( http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1801912&postcount=658
so most likely it's time to upgrade my clutch - hopefully no tranny damage

ohh - i also washed both engines with a 1/3 solution of simple green, let soak for 8 minutes. they're very pretty now :)

Last edited:

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Got the '99.5 Golf aligned, after mr chill installed Shine springs, Shine Race rear bar, Koni Yellows, SPC adjustable mounts, subframe and upper strut braces, TT bushings. I've got about 1.6 degrees negative camber with the mounts set at one extreme, stock at the other.
You really like this ride alot don't you?:D

I'm about to P.M. you on parts anyway. But I thought your red 2dr Golf was really well designed, especially your pick of interior pieces and the tires! You don't want to sell it do you. *clears throat*:D

So how does it ride? Spendid right ...just spendid.

BrianCT

wheresmyhat

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Picked it up from VW for some covered repairs. The trunk would pop open by itself. 2006 Jetta TDI package 2. They said its the second one that has come in for the trunk lid poping open.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Splendid is right. And now it has a GHL downpipe--2.5" turbo to tail, Magnaflow diesel cat only. Not too loud, just nice. Brian, I'll get back to you on your suspension bits shortly--And I can rattle chill's cage for you, too.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
Splendid is right. And now it has a GHL downpipe--2.5" turbo to tail, Magnaflow diesel cat only. Not too loud, just nice. Brian, I'll get back to you on your suspension bits shortly--And I can rattle chill's cage for you, too.
Thanks!:D

I'm preparing my list of what I did today... but I'll await posting ...till I get my clutch in then assemble a reasonable 100 pic description in this thread of head to toe of "what I did.":D

That exhaust must be ...perfect.

Me thinks? Scratch head ...maybe an add on for me?

Brian

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Made a pressure brake bleeding set-up. The car will thank me soon ...

MWVDUB

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
I was going to put my car all back together from the alternator pully explosion but the part from impex is still :mad: not here. The tool came from Metalnerd but no pully yet. I guess I will have another couple days commuting 80 miles with a 16 mpg truck. :eek:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Thanks to mrchill working on a Saturday in beastly (for New England) humidity I now have this installed:

EGR cooler is gone, clean intake and MCA probe for the EGT (although not yet hooked up). If you're wondering about the color of the intake, I soaked it in ZEP Purple overnight and I think it turned purple. But it's really clean. The OMI is recycled from IBW, as is the intake. I had bumped the IQ up to 5.0 this morning to reduce the smoke which was pretty heavy at WOT. And the OMI helped further, but I've moved it up to 6.0 because I know I'll be flat footing it a lot on the track and don't want to get black flagged. :eek: This is the first car I've had a race pipe on, and I was surprised that between the OMI and the race pipe the car is significantly louder. But it sounds good. And it pulls significantly harder than before the exhaust and intake. Boost spikes are almost completely gone.

Last edited:

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:
I had bumped the IQ up to 5.0 this morning to reduce the smoke which was pretty heavy at WOT. And the OMI helped further, but I've moved it up to 6.0 because I know I'll be flat footing it a lot on the track and don't want to get black flagged. :eek:
Could you explain this to me? If my I.Q was brought down to 3.0 w/sprints and it smokes like a bandit... that would mean by reading your post -to rid the smoke you have to RAISE the I.Q.?

I'm confused.:(

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta,2011 Tdi sportwgon
BrianCT said:
Could you explain this to me? If my I.Q was brought down to 3.0 w/sprints and it smokes like a bandit... that would mean by reading your post -to rid the smoke you have to RAISE the I.Q.?

I'm confused.:(
That is correct, higher IQ means less fuel.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
In simple math:
quotient = dividend/divisor

In TDI math:
injection quotient = air/fuel = 1/smoke

So, reducing exhaust smoke means increasing the air:fuel ratio and the IQ.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
installed a cupholder console, replaced a broken passenger vent and replaced a broken seatbelt pivot cover. And replaced a rear caliper too. Not sure if I have enough energy for the serp belt. maybe later in the evening...

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Installed 4 motion valence, tried to figure out why the lights in the spoiler don't work, changed to some hexagon grill material in the badgeless grill

Raced autox on sunday

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
finally installed my hella supertones, flushed brake fluid, and new rear brakes.

Justler

Veteran Member
mtltdi said:
That's a beaut!
Next weekend begins the stripping of its 1.6na diesel engine and trans. The it's a total frame strip down and some rust removal/welding/body work!

clintontull

Vendor
TDI
NONE
vacuumed the car out, washed trunk mats, floor mats, changed cabin filter and antsie about the Timing belt change over this next weekend. then the following week dual diaphram clutch. then hopefully have the pp764's installed :) fun stuff. Also intake cleaning, and racepipe by diesel geek.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Drove 80 miles on the track at Mt. Tremblant, car never missed a beat. And I'm not even down to 3/4 tank.

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
Went to look at another TDi project car, and then help the seller with his nightmare, a 98 Tdi Jetta with a ALH engine installed.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Installed 2 core aluminum rad, Goodyear Hi-Miler hose and a complete flush and fill on my Mustang.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
edjet said:
Went to look at another TDi project car, and then help the seller with his nightmare, a 98 Tdi Jetta with a ALH engine installed.
What makes it such a nightmare? Is it a hard swap to do? I'd love a more aerodynamic, lighter car with an ALH engine...it'd get 60 mpg without even having to try hard.