ALH Injector Quantity

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Mine are at 8.8. But then I'm not stock. It's all relative, depends on your car. Ez enuff with VCDS to try some different settings.

mk3

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS 5-speed
that's a very open-ended and possibly loaded question ; )

If the engine is in proper condition and stock, then imo this value should match spec. Mine is showing higher (5.8) because I had to hammer mod for the non-oem nozzles and because I don't have a tune. Throttle response was not as smooth after this and I stalled the engine a few times before my brain adapted. I think the computer gets tripped up switching between the idle algorithm and the running algorithm when it is modified from stock.

At the time I set the 5.8 I did some logging and some calculations over a few commutes to attempt verifying that the computer had the correct fueling information. that was 100k+ miles ago and it's been fine.

BeetleDragon737

TDI
'99.0 New Beetle
I tried adjusting mine between 1.6 and 4 using the hammer mod and saw no obvious difference in throttle response whatsoever. At 9, starting was dramatically more difficult though.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Book says-
Injection quantity: 11 - 45 = 2.2 - 9.0 mg/stroke
Simply meaning the ECU can manage it from there.
Most folks who eff with it are running around 4 or 5, people that ignore it from the factory are running around 2.2. I'd guess most VEs with the original pump have worn internals (200-300k miles). When I put an RC-2 on my old Jetta, Jeff had it pegged right at 5.0. Your results will vary, just from extensive reading, I'd say it's one of the most over diagnosed attributes on these cars. Seen loads of hammer mod threads where that cleared up idle.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Had our first foray into IQ yesterday, so it's (probably) stupid question time.

Resealed the IP, engine was idling really rough after, IQ showed bounced between .4 and 1. Hammer mod'd it to a steady 2.0-2.2. Question is can I now change the number within VCDS or does that only happen with more hammering? Searched and have yet to find an answer.

Typrus

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Jetta Sedan GLS/TDI 5mt
Adaptation values can be changed yes.
You can look for IQ settings or IQ adaptation

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
Set at 32768, hammered to 2.2 but wouldn't go further and hubby's dead blow isn't here at the house so he was a bit hesitant to really whack on it with what he had. Running really smooth again, so we can focus on the ignition switch the B4V needs.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Set at 32768, hammered to 2.2 but wouldn't go further and hubby's dead blow isn't here at the house so he was a bit hesitant to really whack on it with what he had. Running really smooth again, so we can focus on the ignition switch the B4V needs.
Sounds like you may have loosened the cover bolts instead of the IQ bolts. It moves very easily

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
Used the diagram in the write-up, but that might very well be the case. At least it's running nice and smooth again.

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
I am at 3.4 and have alot of mods I recommend not going below that as coal is pretty heavy even for me but I love it

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
At that under a long load was getting 800s now have a new turbo so this could change car should be running by end of the day