RNS 315 rear camera view installation Passat B7

EmbaTa

TDI
Passat B7
Hi,

I need your assistance.
The car is VW Passat B7 Variant.
On the back of the RNS 315 headunit, there is a cable with 26 pin plug inserted:

As far as I understood this is the plug and cable necessary for the rear view camera. In this case, that I have the plug and cable installed in my car, does it mean that I have all the necessary equipment for installing the camera?
Do I only have to buy the camera and install it instead of the current trunk handle. I suppose I will find the other end of the 26 pin plug in the trunk door? Please help me with answering these questions, thank you!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
This was similar to the kit that I installed on our 2012 NMS which had RNS 315

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=165

the 26 pin actually goes to I think a cox cable type connector (note the blue connectors on the trunk handle. There was nothing plugged into the radio before I bought the kit and installed so I'm suprised you have the 26 pin connector already, maybe thats the difference between the NMS and a B7. If the loom is already run you should be able to see the connector by the trunk handle once you remove it.

If thats the case, all you'll need is the trunk handle and the coding change so the RNS activates the camera once in reverse.

EmbaTa

TDI
Passat B7
ThanX for your info.
Today I opened the cover of the back door and found this plug:

Is this the camera plug I need?
Do you think that it is an installation made in the factory or afterwards?
I searched for second plug, but unfortunately there wasn't.
Do I need a second plug for the camera to work or the one from the picture is the only one needed?

Thank you

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
looks like you only need a camera, reverse trigger and power, then code your 315 to accept the reverse camera.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
reverse trigger can be had from tapping a reverse light, same with power.
thats pretty sweet they had the cable run for you, pretty easy mod right there.
Question will be, does the variant/wagon have the auto pop up emblem with the camera built in such as the Mk7 golf? That may be a bit pricier than the trunk latch camera of our NMS saloons/sedans.

bobthefarmer

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Mk 5 192K miles; 2012 Car of the Year, Passat Tdi SE+Nav in blue nightgown, shod in 18 inch heels
Where is the camera plug found? You stated under the cover of the back door? I do not understand where. I made the installation of my camera and am looking to do the wiring soon. What steps do you do with the VCDS to activate the RNS315 for the camera?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Where is the camera plug found? You stated under the cover of the back door? I do not understand where. I made the installation of my camera and am looking to do the wiring soon. What steps do you do with the VCDS to activate the RNS315 for the camera?

Do a search here you'll find the coding, I think coding was just checking a box under infotainment system.