Disable alarm

Ralphpowell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,green
I have a 2000 Jetta TDI. My alarm system seems to have a mind of it's own. Currently, it will NOT disable. It is a pain in the ass to have the horn go off every time I start the engine. Is there a way for me to disable the horn from blowing or even completely disable the alarm system itself? Is there a relay I can unplug to keep the horn from blowing? Thanks

Last edited:

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
In my car, the fuse in position 5 controls the central alarm. Maybe try pulling it. Try the door locks to make sure you don't lock your self out. Maybe just roll down the drivers window while testing this so you don't get stuck.

My alarm used to go off whenever it wanted. It turned out to be water in the hatch sensor so I got rid of the leak and dried it up, problem went away.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
You can unplug the horn, it is accessed from the same area the ecu is

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Fairmont, WV seems to be a good part of the woods to be in. Do you even bother locking your doors? If not, just delete the alarm for now, im not 100% sure on the mk4's but you should be able to jump a wire at your alarm box and bypass the immobilization function of it being disabled.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh