www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old January 23rd, 2019, 15:34   #61
johnnloki
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 04 Golf TDI
Fuel Economy: 1100 km tanks, generally

Has anybody released an advanced tuning box, like the Burger Motorsports JB1/JB4 for Mk7 EA888 (and BMWs)?

Flashing a 2015 TDI back to stock will still result in problems with future warranty claims due to the flash count not matching the expected number of flashes. (I'm not sure how far back this program goes, so it could be earlier than the mk7s)

Whenever the dealership connects your car (a 2015 or newer VW/Audi) to the diagnostic computer for any reason, the number of ECU flashes is the first thing that is checked and sent to the mothership at VWOA, and I gather that area of the ECU is encrypted and hasn't been cracked.... If the number of flashes doesn't match the expected number, for any reason, then the car is branded as previously tuned and will not receive warranty coverage. (this has even included at least one CPO car that I'm aware of)

Also, it's not something the dealership can avoid doing, even if they are 'cool with mods'... It actually came about because some Audi dealers were cool with mods, cool enough with them that they themselves sold aggressive tunes, and then billed VAG for anything that went pop. (similar thing happened with BMWs years back) The extra money from the warranty work incentivized them to excessively aggressively tune the cars....

"Hey, how come Audi of Tuktoyaktuk has so many turbo failure claims?" wonders VWOA before googling their way to Audi of Tuktoyaktuk's website to see that they sell Stasis tunes and advertise them as "ProTuning with a Warranty"

edit: links to a couple things about stasis

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ropping-STaSIS
https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ut-of-business

A Tuning box like the BMS JB4 on my GTI is reversible and undetectable. Anybody make one yet?

Last edited by johnnloki; January 23rd, 2019 at 15:39. Reason: adding URLs
johnnloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 18:35   #62
Cuzoe

TDI(s): MK7 Golf S

One of the DTUK tuning boxes, according to DTUK, works on these engines. Not sure you'll find many people using it so reviews will be hard to come by. Not sure they have a distributor in North America.

There are people that are tuned that claim not to have been flagged TD1 but it's certainly a risk. And you can only be denied warranty claims for parts affected by your tune.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 19:50   #63
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

You don't need no stinkin' warranty . If hiding tunes is a big priority, you can remove the ecu and have it boot-loaded. That won't show on the flash counter. A few of the smarter tuning boxes aren't half bad these days, though.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:48   #64
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2.0 CR 360hp

There are tools that will not increase the counter on the ecu. Another option is to buy a second ECU cheap and tune on that one
Old February 1st, 2019, 11:58   #65
yahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
I have a 2015 Audi A3 2.0L TDI (150hp?) I'm considering keeping, rather than giving it back to the factory. I just added coilovers and love the car now, but a little more power is always welcome.

I don't want to do anything that will reduce fuel economy (other than when I lay my foot into it) and I would prefer not to do any hardware mods (turbo, injectors, etc).

Other than Malone, what are my tuning options?

Can provide dieselgate retuning overhere.
yahmon is offline   Reply With Quote