What is a Malone Tune?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Malone Tuning is Mark Malone, used to be called Diesel Inside. He's still affiliated with Aligator, one of the "major" TDI tuners here in North America.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
TDIMAXIMA said:
Nigel is officially teh slowest driver.
LOL. Its also in my signature.

This tank will be my last slow tank. It is soooo hard to drive slow. But I will easily joint the 900 mile club on this tank.

BigI

Veteran Member
TDI
2k2 Jetta GLS
So what would be the difference between MM and RC Stage 2 if any? Thanks
PS: Nigel are you done with upgrades? So what you puting out(power) you figure?

Last edited:

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
BigI said:
So what would be the difference between ML and RC Stage 2 if any? Thanks
you can get hold of Mark and he always responds to emails and has a local (somewhat) distributor of his products should you decide you dont want to buy his flashzilla loader.

EMT Tuning flash's cars with his tunes. They are located in guelph.

You'll be lucky to get rocketchip to come up to ontario once every year... busy man!

cant comment on software performance - havnt had rocketchip on my car.

BigI

Veteran Member
TDI
2k2 Jetta GLS
I had RC2 recently done at a GT at Brandon(before Brandon upgraded my clutch) and I noticed Brandon now represents MM per their site.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Sorry. I know I have annoyed a few people bragging about my mileage lately. But heck, I have been driving diesels for over 10 years now and this is my FIRST TANK EVER with that kind of economy. So yes, I am going to brag a bit ;). Who wouldn't.

I don't know why, but this car was great on economy right from the beginning when I bought it used a year and a half ago. I would easily get 1100-1200 per tank. But recently I did a 5th gear swap and added the chip tune. I also have a MFA cluster that really helps me keep an eye on my consumption. It has really helped me change my driving style. Those 3 things gave me an extra 200 or so KM's per tank. For the last 2 tanks, I have been trying to drive gingerly (105kph) to make it to the 900 mile club. Once I hit it, I will revert back to my usual driving habits (120kph) and see what my mileage will be. Only 3 more trips between work and home and i will hit the 900 mile mark.

odinsjetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon
That's really awesome. (as much as it annoys me) I would think that I'm a good candidate for some really nice fuel economy numbers. I live in a small town and do mostly highway driving, set cruise at 100km/hr as indicated on the speedometer, don't accelerate very quickly from a stop (most of the time). I am very consistent in the 5.2 to 5.3 range. Just can't break the 5.0l/100 mark. Perhaps this summer!

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
odinsjetta said:
It really aggravates me how some cars/people are capable of this! I have never been below 5.0l/100km. What's the secret?
Is yours an auto??....Ive been over the 900 mile club a couple times

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
All I got to say about malone tuning is two thumbs up and an amazing guy to deal with! He has been the man behind the fine tuning on my car for years and has supplied me with ANY requests that I have requested! And believe me I have had alot of special requests and questions with always a positive reply!

Responses have always been lightning fast! What I love most about marks tuning is that he won't over tune and put you at risk of damaging anything! Which is very rare for tuners.

He will continue to tune all my future projects, have to say I'm
totally satisfied!

P.s I have another Rocketchip ecu which I must say is a great tune also by another amazing tuner. But with having the convience of getting in contact with mark and the above A+ tunes that he provides me with you can't go wrong :D

Last edited:

VDUB TECH

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon TDI , Audi TT TDI Q , 2013 Touareg TDI , 2006 Jetta TDI
pms replied yes i do have a website in the making mrvermin has to fine tweak it.dcbauto.com and we also will carry malone tunes in the near future.We already have vwmikel tunes available.

TDI'ed

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI
Sweet site.. some of it seems to be in another language? Do you stock performance minded parts etc (race pipes, manifolds...)? Also, are you able to do cat back straight pipes? It would be great to have a local shop like yours be the hub of get togethers and such.. hope this goes in that direction for you (and the community). Guess I know where to take the car for more performance oriented jobs now ;)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
TDI'ed said:
Sweet site.. some of it seems to be in another language? Do you stock performance minded parts etc (race pipes, manifolds...)? Also, are you able to do cat back straight pipes? It would be great to have a local shop like yours be the hub of get togethers and such.. hope this goes in that direction for you (and the community). Guess I know where to take the car for more performance oriented jobs now ;)
Latin perhaps? :D

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
Latin babble is used as a placeholder while you develop content. That site is obviously not "launched" yet, but still under development