Sorry, another turbo selection thread.

offalot

TDI
Caddy M-TDI
So I picked up a ALH TDI engine to swap into my caddy. It came without both manifolds and pump. I picked up a m, Rover pump and am exploring my options for a turbo setup. My goals for the motor aren't silly HP numbers. 150 would be awesome. Mainly I want the thing to be peppy, be able to tear out of a turn and not get bogged down before it rips the tires off. Now being the cheap SOB that I am, here are a couple of my options, that I am sure are riddled with flaws, and that's why I am here.
1. My buddy just picked up a 2.0TDI at his yard and I'm sure would sell me the stock setup off that. Not sure if that is a bolt on, and haven't looked into whats involved in controlling a VNT on an MTDI
2. An ebay kit for a gasser such as this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/T25-T04E-6P...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4177689b11&vxp=mtr
3. Or fab something up using one of the 1.6 idi manifolds I have laying around with a Mercedes 300SD turbo. Specs:TA0301 Garret T3 turbo
42/.48 A/R Which would be the cheapest route at almost free but am afraid the turbo may be a tad big.

Immediate mods I'll be doing is bigger injectors and probably using a starion intercooler.
I'm not committed to these three options. Just the ones I have come up with so far

Last edited: