2010 Sportwagon for sale

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
2010 Sportwagon TDI SOLD SOLD SOLD

Car is parked in my garage with 82 miles on it, MSRP is $24310, options candy white exterior and titan black interior free, panoramic sunroof $1300, 6-speed dsg automatic with tiptronic $1100 and media device interface for ipod $199 destination $750, this totals out to $27659 cut me a check for $26000 and its yours, plus you can have my $1300 tax credit, itsmejerry says" a great deal for some one".http://www.flickr.com/photos/37674324@N07/sets/72157623047205337/

Last edited:

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
suggested retail $24,310......candy white exterior and titan black interior no charge.... 6-speed dsg automatic with tiptronic $1,100.....panoramic sunroof $1,300....media device interface for ipod $199.... 7year/100k extended warranty $3,023...total $30,682. There was no haggleing on these prices VW gets everypenny on the sticker looking for $29,682 and if I get tax money for it buyer can have that also and free from the salesman monster mats, including rear deck area and VW pinstrip this week.

Last edited:

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
Far be it for me to tell anyone what to do but if I may offer a suggestion-

Get a refund on the extended warranty AND THEN advertise the car. During the first 30 days you can get a 100 % refund on the warranty. Of course if you've financed the warranty then the $ goes to the lein holder, but I think you'd have a much better chance of selling the car $3000 less without an extended warranty than you would with the warranty.

Trust me- the warranty is refundable in full for the first 30 days. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Good Luck.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
itsmejerry said:
Far be it for me to tell anyone what to do but if I may offer a suggestion-

Get a refund on the extended warranty AND THEN advertise the car. During the first 30 days you can get a 100 % refund on the warranty. Of course if you've financed the warranty then the $ goes to the lein holder, but I think you'd have a much better chance of selling the car $3000 less without an extended warranty than you would with the warranty.

Trust me- the warranty is refundable in full for the first 30 days. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

Good Luck.
thanks for the input will do this first thing Monday morning

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
Its a long story why I decided to sell this lovely machine, but I prefer to drive my 05 passat tdi. These newer VW's have a stigma, faulty parts, disgruntled workers, recalls, some of these new owners have horror stories, seems a majority of the VW techs have no clue on working with these precision machines, so I figured an extended warranty was a no brainer. Had a beetle break down in Lake Charles LA, VW had it towed to Houston TX the nearest dealership, they diagnosed a bad IP,$1800, I went to the parts counter and bought relay 109, $23, installed it right there and drove home. Love to drive the TDI but I feel like I'm walking on eggs when I take a long trip, another reason for the extended warranty, peace of mind. Cars are getting more and more complicated, to many computers, to much interraction, you get a cel with 3 or 4 fault codes where do you start?

SMUG SLUG

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 Sportwagen, 03 Jetta Wagon
afarfalla said:
seems a majority of the VW techs have no clue on working with these precision machines, so I figured an extended warranty was a no brainer.
doesn't this mean that you have to continue to bring your car to the tech with no clue as opposed to a Guru?

or can you bring your car to any ASE certified mechanic for warranty work?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
yes, your right it does but as complicated as these car are getting I'd rather it be VW's problem, guru's aren't free. I prefer to drive VW's. growing up I was a GM man, now I like VW's and I understand they are not problem free but you can't pull into you local repair shop to diagnose a problem you must seek out a "guru" and there aren't that many around, an extended warranty covers you bumper to bumper so they shotgun the problem eventually they find it and in the process you get all new parts, my neighbors Golf suffered this fate but they found the problem...eventually. If oilhammer lived across the street it would be no problem, I wouldn't need any warranty.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
SMUG SLUG said:
doesn't this mean that you have to continue to bring your car to the tech with no clue as opposed to a Guru?

or can you bring your car to any ASE certified mechanic for warranty work?
itmejerry suggests I drop the extended coverage which I will do monday, while I,m at the dealership I'll ask if any ASE certified mech would be able to work on the car with this particular extended coverage

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
With the extended warranties you can usually use any ase certified repair facility. Fidelity says they are accepted at "over 5000 locations".
The 09/10 Vw's have 3/36 of regularly scheduled maintenance included. Given that the 09/10's have 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty- the extended warranty really doesnt start for the first 3 years.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagon

parked in my garage with 82 miles on it, MSRP $24310, options candy white exterior and titan black interior free, panoramic sunroof $1300, 6-speed automatic with tiptronic $1100, media device interface for ipod $199, destination $750...total $27,659 cut me a check for $26500 and it yours

Texan_Frog24

TDI
02 Jetta
afarfalla said:
whoever buys it can have my $1300 tax credit and minus $1000 off the MSRP
How is someone going to get the tax credit of $1300 if you already bought the car and it is titled to you? Can you get the tax credit if buying a used 2010 car (which yours will be)? :confused:

When do you expect to have the issued title in your hands from the Texas DMV?:confused:

Thanks.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
whom ever buys this car will get my tax credit when I get it, they can have it! Now a couple of people have posted that there is a tax credit of $1300 when you buy I guess a diesel? I'm checking into that fact now. I should have the title next week.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
afarfalla said:
whom ever buys this car will get my tax credit when I get it, they can have it! Now a couple of people have posted that there is a tax credit of $1300 when you buy I guess a diesel? I'm checking into that fact now. I should have the title next week.
The Tax credit is for buying a car with "Advanced Lean Burn Technology" not specifically for buying a diesel. See below:

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/TDItaxcredit.htm

Have Fun!

Don

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I am under the impression that the $1300.00 tax credit is for the person who purchased / registered the car only. You may want to look into this a little more just to be sure though.

Bump for a nice car!

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
My suspicion is that the tax credit could not be passed on to the second owner. If that is the case, the better way to handle the situation would be to keep your credit and lower the price by $1300- or whatever. I think it would definitely be less messy for the potential buyer. At this point, you are selling a used car. I am not aware that a tax credit is available on used cars.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
Only for the first owner

afarfalla said:
if you only own it a month or so?
The tax credit is only for the first owner. Tax credit may not be transferred. If the car has been titled, no transfer of tax credit.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
how about if we do this, I'll take another $1000 off the price of the car, Ill keep $300 of the tax credit since I'm paying up front, I'll have to wait till April next year to get it back

bloke

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDi SEL Premium
how about 22k for this unreliable, dodgy, poorly built, possibly dangerous POS and you keep your tax credit since its not transferable :eek:

hey its more than anybody else offered :D