TDI Fest Registration site quirks

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Unfortunately the google checkout module for OSCommerce has an annoying bug, we recently fixed the paypal module for a similar bug.
The OSCommerce site does not recognize when google checkout processes an order so the two are not in sync, people are not showing as registered on the tdifest site.
Currently there are 7 people registered with google checkout and none of them are showing in OSCommerce. Earlier this month none of the people processed with paypal were showing in OSCommerce but that should be fixed.

If anyone has questions or problems feel free to ask either here or in a PM or email (tim@cincitdi.com) or contact any other TDIFest committee member.

-- tim

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
I registered via paypal last week and my name does not appear on the official registrant section. Any way to confirm my registration?

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I'm all set, but does mrschill have to register? or can she be my "guest"? Also, does she get the goodie bag, badge and such? Any downside to not registering? And finally...can you add her to the list of registrants?

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Anyone? I registered and paid via Paypal. My account on the registration site says I made no purchases and my name is not on the list. Do I need to do anything?

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
Lex4TDI4Life, unfortunately the update is not immediate, it requires a manual sync between the paypal and google systems and the registration site.
Fred and myself will be doing a full scrub of the attendees paid through paypal and google.
As long as you see the charge to your CC (or check, or whatever) you will see your name show up on the list soon.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
This should now be fixed and if your name isn't showing up you should get a confirmation email with your updated order in the next day or two.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I made it! finally registered. Who hoo! :D only a minor bug where paypal wasn't recognizing my car switch. but I fixed that on my own. All's well and my name is up there! See ya'll at the fest!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Myself and compu_85 are still not on the list of people who are registered. :confused:

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
I received confirmation that you have 'shipped' my google checkout purchase, but still do not see my name on the registered list.

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D
Hang in there guys ... there are a few more of us early registrations still not on the list. (RichC included!) I think the web gurus are getting close to having this fixed ... just be sure you "DO" register if you haven't bothered to do it yet.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
This is crazy. 37 days until Fest, and the registration website still doesn't work. What's going on, guys?

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
This is crazy. 37 days until Fest, and the registration website still doesn't work. What's going on, guys?
Registration is fine ... its just not displaying all the early names that registered. (based on payment method) Its not a 'huge' glitch, certainly not a reason to not register.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
RichC said:
Registration is fine ... its just not displaying all the early names that registered. (based on payment method) Its not a 'huge' glitch, certainly not a reason to not register.
I am not an early Registrant........3 days ago! my name doesn't show-up as of today.

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
RichC said:
I agree but when someone isn't certain about making it to the fest or not and he sees LOADS of people registred, it can make him/her to register.

Also... if people see that the registration managing is buggy and take so long to get right, it gives the message that the Fest organising is not taken seriously.

Those words aren't what I think for sure. I know the organisers have tons of work to do and I don't want to say that they aren't doing their "jobs" but it's just the impression that it could give IMO.

BTW Keep Up the Good Work folks and see you there

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Still not in there:

FWIW, the email address i used to get my login to the site and the email i paypaled from are different. Should this matter?

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok guys ... I'll bring this "not showing up as registered" thing up AGAIN on the "planners" conference call tonight ...

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Don't know where to post this so I'll try here. I registered for the fest (or so I thought) and paid via paypal on the 20th of July. However, when I log in to my account it still shows my purchase as being in the cart and not yet paid for. I have the paypal receipt, but I don't see any contact info on the registration page for assistance in this matter.
mishkaya

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
The problem is the integration between OSCommerce (the registration site) and Paypal/google checkout. Paypal users have to follow strict directions and after you submit your order to paypal it requires the user to click a link which in turn updates the OSCommerce site.
Google checkout is not without its own quirks, if a user does not create an account in the system google checkout is not able to link an order with an account and in turn the OSCommerce site is not updated.
I have been manually linking Google checkout orders with accounts and Paypal orders with accounts. The paypal linking is not as straightforward as paypal doesn't store a record of what was ordered.
If I was able to fix the problems I would, its not that simple. I think the older version of OSCommerce is hindering the effort and switching midstream (either upgrading or different cart) isn't a good solution either.

Please if anyone has problems contact me here, via PM or directly tim @ cincitdi.com

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
FYI I will be contacting everyone who has paid but is not showing on the list. It looks like those orders are in limbo and I need to recreate them. If you want to get your order up asap can you email or pm me the items you had in your cart?

Thanks!
-- tim