Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
I recently got the opportunity to spend a bit of time with the Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Titanium wagon.

The Mondeo is Ford's Passat competitor, with the 2.2 TDCi being the top of the line diesel. The interior feels a bit larger than a Passat. Everything in the interior looks and feels VERY nice. Nearly everything is soft touch plastic, the seats have fat side bolsters, and the LCD between the speedometer and tach is about 5" and full color.

The engine is a 2.2L diesel. Very refined, and 200hp/332 lb-ft REALLY make it move. The 6-speed manual is just about perfect too, as is the steering feel.

I'm a bit in love with this big wagon. Which is surprising, I normally prefer small cars.

Since I did not take interior pics, here's one from Ford.

The car I drove was a manual and didn't have leather, but everything else was the same.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
doesnt peugeot make the diesels for ford? and volvo? and

German_1er_diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 118d
Yes - it's a Ford/Peugeot collaboration. I believe the 2.4 5-cylinders are a Volvo in-house development though.
The 2.2 is also available in some of the mid-sized Citroen/Peugeot cars, the Jaguar XF, the Land Rover Freelander and the Range Rover Evoque. (I'm sure there are more cars using this engine...)