What did you do to your car today?

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
Today the sun was out and it was great!

I changed the air filter, 40,000 miles on it. Boy was it dirty! Checked the snow-screen. Few bugs. Also replaced the cabin air filter and the fuel filter. That's it for another year!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I pulled my old engine out of the back of my golf with my new Harbor Freight Cherry picker and bolted it to my new HF Engine Stand.

with the new suspension, I could hardly tell the engine was back there for the last week.

and now, I have an engine hoist to use as needed.. yay!

chirishboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
Growler said:
I pulled my old engine out of the back of my golf with my new Harbor Freight Cherry picker and bolted it to my new HF Engine Stand.

with the new suspension, I could hardly tell the engine was back there for the last week.

and now, I have an engine hoist to use as needed.. yay!
been puttin around with a "spare" engine in the truck? now that's being prepared! ;)

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Guetta - 2014 Jetta TDI Trimline +
Broke a personal mileage record and put on the summer tires to stop the late-season snow! #Murphy'sLaw

Also removed the resonator from my exhaust system, and the car is actually quieter with much less drone now...? I love these cars!

-M.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Installed MKVI GTI grill on my 2010 JSW TDI. Tomorrow I'm getting my brake calipers painted red to match.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
fleuger99 said:
Installed MKVI GTI grill on my 2010 JSW TDI. Tomorrow I'm getting my brake calipers painted red to match.
Please don't post any more pictures of your car!!! I already have to chant to myself, "I'm happy with my car, I'm happy with my car, I'm happy with my car." Seeing pictures of cars like yours makes this very, VERY hard :D !!!!!

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
blizzard60 said:
Please don't post any more pictures of your car!!! I already have to chant to myself, "I'm happy with my car, I'm happy with my car, I'm happy with my car." Seeing pictures of cars like yours makes this very, VERY hard :D !!!!!
Sorry, I won't post anymore!! LOL!

If its any consolation, I have to chant the same as I've spent almost $4K since I took delivery in late Dec and now I cannot spend another penny on the car once my calipers are painted. ;)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
blizzard60 said:
You should be very happy with your car. MKIV Jetta Wagons are the best. :D

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
IndigoBlueWagon said:
You should be very happy with your car. MKIV Jetta Wagons are the best. :D
I'll be happier when my headliner is back in, my 02M is back in, and I have a dash back ;) !!! :eek:

BTW, the PD injector seals showed up, thanks a lot. I'm gonna try and get those in this week!!!!

Thanks again,
-Chris

pgenis

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA 2006
This/last week - bought four new tires, Pirelli P6 Four Seasons 94H to replace the stock ones on 2005 Passat GLS (Michelins 225/45 R17). Also on the 2005 Passat disabled the seat belt chime and changed the country code from the US to GB. This allowed me to keep miles but see temperature as Centigrades and also changed the time format to 24 (no more 12 AM or PM).

Disabled DRL on 2006 Jetta. Also did the seat belt warning delete and the country change from USA to GB - see above for the results.

I was also trying to disable DRL on 2005 Passat and could not. It does not have relay 107 (or 183, whatever it was on earlier B5). I do not want to delete the connector on the lights switch and taping it over does not work well for me. I think, my hands are clumsy.

Added remote windows open/close on 2006 Jetta. it was easier then I thought it will be. WOW! I push a button and get windows up or down.

I remember seeing somewhere "how to" add longer sensor/remote antennae to 2005 Passat for the remote to be more sensitive. I can't find that link anymore. Anyone cares to advise? I remember there was a wire in the CCM or ECU that had to be extended or something like it.

VAG-COM 10.3 beta rocks. Someone as illiterate as myself can figure out the country change and seat belt warning delete. Thanks Ross Tech !

Last edited:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Received my cam/injectors in the mail today. Broke down the TB system, went to re-install the new parts, and realized I don't have VW tool T10008 (tensioner keeper plate). Grrr... Now I gotta wait on the mail, again... Oh well.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Philip, I've never used one of those, I can send one your way though if you need.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Pre-wired for auto dim & rain sensing mirror.

"Built" a custom roof wiring harness for telephone integration and interior monitoring and glued it to headliner.

Wrapped new navi antenna cable in cotton tape, hooked it up to triplex, installed it in proper guides, etc.

Re-installed headliner, pillars, interior lights, sun visors, homelink, etc, etc. FINALLY!!! It has only taken me 6 months to deal with that nightmare!!!!

Hopefully I can get my injectors in this week!!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
oldpoopie said:
Philip, I've never used one of those, I can send one your way though if you need.
Heck yeah send it over LOL. I've never used one either, but I think it's important:

Blizzard60- It sounds like you have a super deluxe headliner panel now... Can't wait to see it!

Last edited:

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Rocketchip !!!!!!

Got My ECU back from RocketChip!!!!!!!!!
Man. . . this is seriously my favorite tune so far! And I used to have Stage 6
The car now has a new head, 10mm pump, and PP357's. I also/still have a FMIC, 2.5 inch exhaust, 3-bar map.
The car is making GREAT power, and is really, really smooth. . .I like :)
Thank you Jeff!! another happy customer (again)

jwweatherman

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, ALH
btcost said:
The car now has a new head, 10mm pump, and PP357's. I also/still have a FMIC, 2.5 inch exhaust, 3-bar map.
Was there any specific reason that you decided to go from RC6 to RC3?

okie

TDI
2003 Jetta
One month with my Jetta

Well I have owned my 06 Jetta Package 2 for 1 month now. I have done the following:

Replaced the DMF
Serviced the DSG
Changed the Timing belt
Oil and Filter change (Mobile TDT)
Fuel Filter
Cabin filter (nasty!)
Detailed
Replaced the radiator support that was broke into on both sides (didn't catch that one on the original inspection, oops)
Replaced cold air intake tubes (former owners hot glued them on, and then got the hot glue gun up aginst the left front crash detection sensor and melted it too!)
Replaced crash detection sensor
Replaced lower IC tube from front of car to turbo charger (it was bent and the mounts were busted off when the radiator support was busted)
New Tires
Tune and Q-Loader
Cleaned out the mold and junk from the fresh air intake just below the windshield
Cleaned out the 6 inches of packed in dirt behind the from fender wells.
Fixed the vacum leak caused by someone breaking off the tube coming out the back of the valve cover
Cam inspection
Replaced the left outer CV joint
Paintless dent removal

I'm not a mechanic but like to work on my own cars. I had parts of Jetta all over the garage and my wife thought I would never get it all back together! Now I just drive it and have fun!

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
jwweatherman said:
Was there any specific reason that you decided to go from RC6 to RC3?

I blew the head gasget

So when I rebuilt to defer the cost I sold my 11mm pump.

and these day I tend to only drive the car in the city. so no need for the 11mm, PP502's, and a 6k RPM tune. .

car and tune now perfectly match the driving conditions I am in 90% of the time

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
btcost said:
Brian,
Sounds like it must be fun. Hope to try your car out some time, I'd like to see what new magic Jeff is conjuring up these days.

Steve

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
btcost- must be a good reason, but why step all the way down to 357's, PP520's to big? Very interested in hearing the reasoning behind this. makes me wonder if I'm on the right track building around my PP520's.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I gave Brian a hard time about the 357s when he put them in, but from the way the car sounds and how he reports it drives he's getting plenty of fuel. Impressive work on Jeff's part.

On the TDI race car we got 170 WHP out of Sprint 520s. It's all in the tune.