2013 Passat TDI Torque Specs needed

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
I'm the proud new owner of a Passat that needs a new DSG flywheel and Timing Belt. I haven't been able to find a list of all of the torque specs for the car. I assumed I'd be able to find a chart online somewhere. Can anybody help me find this info?

Thanks!

Crdouger

jjblbi

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
Google “erwin”. It’s an online subscription for the maintenance manual. Subscribe for a day and download. John

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Thanks. I'll give that a try. In the meantime does anybody know the tightening directions for the 12 bolts holding the axles to the transmission as well as the large bolt holding the axle to the hub?

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
From myturbodiesel.com (worth a subscription for the amount of info available):

Torque specs:
3x 10mm water pump bolts: 11 ft-lb
3x 13mm camshaft sprocket bolts: initial value of 15 ft-lb (20 Nm). Add the final 90 degree turn (1/4 turn) when satisfied with the final belt position. The service manual says to always replace these.
3x 10mm 12 pt HPFP sprocket bolts: 15 ft-lb (20 Nm) + 90 degree turn . The service manual says to always replace these.
1x 13mm lower roller/idler pulley nut: 15 ft-lb (20 Nm)
1x 13mm upper roller bolt: 18 ft-lb (25 Nm)
1x 16mm large roller bolt: 37 ft-lb (50 Nm) + 90 degree turn
1x 15mm timing belt tensioner nut: 15 ft-lb (20 Nm) + 1/8 turn (45 degrees). The service manual says to always replace this.
4x 10mm triple square crankshaft bolts: 7 ft-lb (10 Nm) + 1/4 turn (make sure to include the 1/4 turn since they could back out at only 7 ft-lb) The service manual says to always replace these.
5x 10mm lower timing belt cover bolts: 7 ft-lb (10 Nm) (NOTE: The service manual says to always replace these. Personally I just use new threadlocker on them but it's your car and your decision wether or not to use new hardware here.)