High price of Diesel Gas/PRICE CHECK......

bbbbeetle

Veteran Member
Anyone notice how much Diesel is running these days....here in Portland, Oregon, the going price for a gallon of Diesel is $1.89...OUCH.....what is going on here? Usually, diesel is less than regular, but not now!?

What is the price in other parts of the US?

jdc

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
Passing thru coastal Georgia, on the way back from the TDI Fest, I paid $1.489. Here in Central Florida, my usual fill up location is charging $1.559.

A couple months ago, diesel was well below the cost of regular unleaded. Now it is running between the cost of mid grade and premium gasoline.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

Official Biermeister
of TDI Fest 2000

1998 Jetta TDI Custom Sport

kato258

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf GL, A/T, flash red; 04 Jetta GL, A/T, wheat beige; 06 Golf GLS, A/T, blue anthracite
paid 1.679 on thursday. jumped from 1.549 on previous fill. i read where there could be a heating oil shortage this winter. could get expensive for #2 diesel.

[This message has been edited by kato258 (edited September 05, 2000).]

tdifan

Hello TDI World! It's my first reply as a member... (does this get me free stuff?-like a new Audi A2 TDI?). Around Pittsburgh, Pa. prices are about $1.60- 1.70

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
I drove roundtrip this past weekend from Seattle area to Missoula, MT area and saw prices ranging from $1.599 in Missoula to $1.799 in Spokane and several other places around Washington state. Those were the extremes. I fueled up this morning north of Seattle for $1.719/gallon.

Generally, the diesel price was somewhere between regular and mid-grade unleaded prices.

------------------
GotDiesel? (Diesel... It does a body good.)

2001 Jetta GLS TDI Green/Black leather, 5-speed, the works.
1966 Cessna 150

SlowSpeed

Veteran Member
This puppy is rather surprised by the cost of No.2 Diesel Fuel here in Southern California.
My last tank in Houston was $1.319.

My first tank in Long Beach was $1.999. I have since found $1.859 and 1.879. I saw $2.099 in Irvine, CA; yesterday.

Spooky

tdifan,

It's good to see the Burgh well-represented. If you want to feel some serious regional pride, do a search on "the stupidest thing you have ever done" and read P180's story about his Karmann Ghia. He's from Cranberry, and it's the funniest thing I have ever read.

FTM

------------------
2002 Golf GL TDI if all goes according to plan...

mavapa

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf
I filled up my diesel truck Saturday morning in Rome, Ga., at 147.9. That afternoon diesel was 152.9 at the same station. When I filled up my Golf Monday, it had dropped back to 148.9. Strange goings on.

rotorhead

Veteran Member
I'd been getting accustomed to $1.35/gal, which was 10 cents cheaper than base unleaded. Needless to say, that price is history.

Thursday 8/31 (just before Labor day, coincidence?
) it jumped to $1.46/gal. Major bummer, as I had to fill up the truck (35 gallon tank, ouch!)

Monday 9/4 it was $1.58/gal, double ouch! Diesel #2 is now just above mid-grade unleaded, but a couple cents below premium.

Its holiday price gouging at it lowest, and the usual custom here. An extra 25 cents per gallon will certainly sweeten the pot for the local gas station robber barons, the b@stards!

dparnell, I can see why you buy in bulk!

------------------
'00 New Beetle TDI ! Silver/Black/Lux/5spd
'98 Dodge/5.9TurboDieselCummins!(+lotsa old VW's)
reply to rotor.head@excite.com///nospam///
(remove ///nospam/// to reply)

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
I had to do a double take last week at the local fuel stop... $2.009 per gallon of on-road. I smiled inside as I filled the Golf. No worries for the next six weeks...I know, we don't drive that much. But then all fuel has to be barged out to the islands.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
$1.47 for diesel at both of my frequent fuel stations. Not bad for the Chicago area.

DB

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Now how can that be? The fuel problem is SUPPOSED to be worst in the east where heating oil reserve is @ an all time low.

------------------

RickyChuck

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rotorhead:
I'd been getting accustomed to $1.35/gal, which was 10 cents cheaper than base unleaded. Needless to say, that price is history.

Thursday 8/31 (just before Labor day, coincidence?
) it jumped to $1.46/gal. Major bummer, as I had to fill up the truck (35 gallon tank, ouch!)

Monday 9/4 it was $1.58/gal, double ouch! Diesel #2 is now just above mid-grade unleaded, but a couple cents below premium.

Its holiday price gouging at it lowest, and the usual custom here. An extra 25 cents per gallon will certainly sweeten the pot for the local gas station robber barons, the b@stards!

dparnell, I can see why you buy in bulk!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Rotorhead,

Here in OKC it is 1.45-1.49 per gal. Hey I may be running out there next month for a weekend. We hang out up by Juan Tabo and Constitution in the NE Heights at my in-laws, so maybe we can rondayvoo and go eat at Los Cuates....

------------------
The Weather Is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful (98 Jetta)

apotek

I paid $1.659 per gallon for Amoco premium diesel here in Kansas City. That's 2¢ more than their "gold" gasoline. Kind of makes it hard to gloat.