Diesel price...

nwdiver

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (sold); 2012 Tesla Model S
EV is good for city/short trip driving. Unless youre okay with charging every couple hundred KMs while youre on a road trip. Just doesnt seem reasonable right now especially with people who travel far for work.
Newer 250kW DC fast chargers can give you ~100km of range in ~5 minutes. Should be more than enough of a boost for longer commutes.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Newer 250kW DC fast chargers can give you ~100km of range in ~5 minutes. Should be more than enough of a boost for longer commutes.
Still trolling on here? Not even relevant to the original thread topic...

In fact - doing a search on your username, you've never once commented on anything about your supposed (and probably made up) 2003 Jetta TDI, but your posts have all been primarily about how diesel is bad and everyone should have an EV - on a TDI forum!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Yeah, maybe I should go on the EV forums and only talk about how everyone should get a TDI, as they have a lot longer range.
All you are is troll.

nwdiver

Veteran Member
TDI
Still trolling on here? Not even relevant to the original thread topic...

In fact - doing a search on your username, you've never once commented on anything about your supposed (and probably made up) 2003 Jetta TDI, but your posts have all been primarily about how diesel is bad and everyone should have an EV - on a TDI forum!
??? Am I the one that brought up EV range? ;)

I responded to a post about EVs with a post about EVs. How exactly is that 'trolling'? Poster probably wasn't even aware of how fast EVs can charge now. How is informing them 'trolling'?

Last edited:

nwdiver

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, maybe I should go on the EV forums and only talk about how everyone should get a TDI, as they have a lot longer range.
All you are is troll.
I had a TDI. 500 miles of range is useful very... very rarely. Paying the equivalent of $0.50 per gallon vs $4 per gallon and filling up at home is useful ~everyday :D

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
??? Am I the one that brought up EV range? ;)

I responded to a post about EVs with a post about EVs. How exactly is that 'trolling'? Poster probably wasn't even aware of how fast EVs can charge now. How is informing them 'trolling'?
Let's see... the title of this post is "Diesel prices." Not "Can I charge my new Tesla in under 5 minutes?"

You're still a troll. I haven't seen a single post on you proclaiming any benefits of diesel or TDIs, and this is a TDI forum.
It seems what you spout off on here is a regurgitation of what you spout off on the Tesla forum:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/members/nwdiver.12472/#latest-activity

I had a TDI. 500 miles of range is useful very... very rarely. Paying the equivalent of $0.50 per gallon vs $4 per gallon and filling up at home is useful ~everyday :D
500 miles of range? On a 2003 Jetta? You must've had a lead foot and drove with a 01M. 500 miles of range is what I get when towing. Nobody in Texas is at $4/gal yet, and not all of us have the capacity to add a high amperage charger at home. My 250 amp service is seriously about maxed out; I'd need to add another line of service if I were to install a 40-60 amp home charger. But yeah, I don't live in a work/live loft, and the nearest grocery store/Lowes Depot is about 60 miles round trip. If I go to the doctors for physical therapy, it's about 190 miles round trip, and no, they don't have an EV charger hanging out at the complex.

Last edited:

nwdiver

Veteran Member
TDI
My 250 amp service is seriously about maxed out; I'd need to add another line of service if I were to install a 40-60 amp home charger. But yeah, I don't live in a work/live loft, and the nearest grocery store/Lowes Depot is about 60 miles round trip. If I go to the doctors for physical therapy, it's about 190 miles round trip, and no, they don't have an EV charger hanging out at the complex.
??? Who says you need 'high amperage'? 10A @ 240v is ~2.4kW. That's more than sufficient for daily use. You only need 6kW to fully charge a car overnight. That's only 25A.

There's no DCFC between your home and your doctors office? That's increasingly rare. By the end of this year there won't be a 60 mile stretch of highway ~anywhere w/o a DCFC. Whitefish, MT just got one. Eureka in a few months.

I'm not the one bringing up this topic. I'm just responding to posts about EVs. How is that 'trolling'?

Last edited:

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
??? Who says you need 'high amperage'? 10A @ 240v is ~2.4kW. That's more than sufficient for daily use. You only need 6kW to fully charge a car overnight. That's only 25A.
Technology must have really progressed faster than I thought. I had no idea I would only need about 6kw to yield several hundred miles of driving. Some days, I don't even need to leave town, and other days, I might put on 300-500 miles in one day.

There's no DCFC between your home and your doctors office? That's increasingly rare. By the end of this year there won't be a 60 mile stretch of highway ~anywhere w/o a DCFC. Whitefish, MT just got one. Eureka in a few months.

I'm not the one bringing up this topic. I'm just responding to posts about EVs. How is that 'trolling'?
Easy. This thread is about diesel prices in Ontario. Not about EVs. One guy makes a comment about EVs and you start trolling about EVs and Tesla and alternative energy like usual. Again, on a diesel group. And you've done this since around the time dieselgate came to be, based on when you joined. It's all too convenient, and not once have you ever said anything about your fabricated TDI.

Also, I don't know what the hell a DCFC is. I'm guessing it's a charging station of some kind. If that's the case, why would someone have to charge up even once on a 180 mile trip, where speeds range between 45 and 80mph?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Filled up a couple nights ago at 1.60. I've held onto my passat despite my 10km commute for 4 years, despite my wife's frequent requests to look into a newer vehicle. I keep telling her the passat is a hedge in case my commute lengthens, fuel price goes up or both.
Looks like I might have got it right for once...

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
@Windex where did you say you park again? I keep driving past stations today with the Touareg on fumes trying to avoid the inevitable. The Passat should have a large enough tank to get me another 1.5 weeks of commuting :p

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Uhhh... Up in Kapuskasing... Yeah... That's where my car is... Honest!

I really miss the fuel tank capacity from my B4 passat at times like this. 96L vented. I would go a month between refuels sometimes...

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
One of my friends made the comment that this will trigger a second surge in bike riding and sales.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yup... I thought I seen something out of the corner of my eye on my drive in, but was scared to do the "double take" to confirm.... it looked like $2.279 :oops:

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
So filled up at 199.9/L on way back home today at my regular station, probably will be the last time for below $2/L that we'll see for a while. A co-worker gave a tip - to fill up when the tank is at 1/2 to 3/4, at least it won't pinch/hurt that much :rolleyes:, as compared to filling from E to full. I'm going to follow that tip starting now and fill up every 2 weeks. Today's fill up of ~27L (to full) costed ~$54, lot better than if I had filled up my usual 57-58L.

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Around here (Thorold/St. Catharines) its steady $2.24/L, Luckily I found a station thats around $2.08. Which still costed me $104 when the light just came on. At this point, I might bite the bullet and start going to the reserve to get cheaper fuel. I think there its around $1.55. My only worry is my CP4 pump not liking whatever is mixed in. 😅

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Clearly that was in the 2L, because the filling the egg would make you cry.... (ask me how I know)

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Around here (Thorold/St. Catharines) its steady $2.24/L, Luckily I found a station thats around $2.08. Which still costed me $104 when the light just came on. At this point, I might bite the bullet and start going to the reserve to get cheaper fuel. I think there its around $1.55. My only worry is my CP4 pump not liking whatever is mixed in. 😅
Diesel was 179.9 on the reserve on Monday, I'm sure it's more today. Their diesel is delivered by the same truck as other stations.

GP_RZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
Filled up the Q5 after work today on Hwy 48 & Queensville side road for 199.9 cost $135 for 67L, hope to have the 03 wagon on road by this week..