2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI Service Reminder Display Malfunction?

Gadifer

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6m Prem Package
Hello,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. In the Multi Function Display there is a Service Interval display with Miles and Days until service. Both have dashes rather than numbers. When I try to reset them as per the manual on page 20 nothing changes. Shouldn't this have started counting down the day I picked up the car with only 13 miles on it? I now have over 500 miles. I called the dealer and they just repeated what the manual said. Does anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc

Gadifer

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6m Prem Package
I went back to the dealership, Quirk VW in Braintree, MA. The service manager sat in the car and did the exact same thing I did and tried to reset the service interval through the MFD. No change, still no values displayed for either mileage or days remaining to next service. So he got his foreman. He sat there and did the same thing and then announced it wouldn't start counting down until I'd reached a thousand miles. That doesn't sound right. My acquaintance has the same car but it's a DSG automatic and a month older than my 6 speed manual. His car had values right out of the dealership and he showed me pictures taken when he photographed every part of the car (good idea) to show that when it only 300 miles on it. Plus nothing in the owner's manual says anything about waiting a thousand miles. So I called VW and they gave me a case # and said the regional case manager would call me by end of day tomorrow.