2015 Front Hub/Bearing Replacement

ja_cain

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Had to replace the passenger side ABS sensor when I first got the car. Hindsight I should have just done the hub too as this is usually an indicator that the bearing is going bad. Car pulls to the right on flat highways and straightens out when I apply the brakes. Is the go too brand the FAG pn 5K0498621? I can get it for around $89 with mounting hardware. Looks like this one uses T60 instead of the original hardware. Any advice and a link to the instillation and torque sequence would be greatly appreciated!

Justin

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
RE FAG hubs/bearings, be careful, I have received ones for VWs that were mauf. in Korea that burned out very prematurely. Suggest not using if you receive Korea production.

Hope you have time to snap a few pics & put together a quick how to after you finish the job.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ja_cain

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Thanks for the heads up! I'll see if I can message the seller. I photo document pretty much everything, so I'll be sure to post up some pics.

Justin

RE FAG hubs/bearings, be careful, I have received ones for VWs that were mauf. in Korea that burned out very prematurely. Suggest not using if you receive Korea production.

Hope you have time to snap a few pics & put together a quick how to after you finish the job.

Good luck.

ja_cain

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Vendor just got back with me and he said it's made in Slovakia. Looks like a common place of manufacture for these. Going to go ahead and pull the trigger.

Justin