Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Me, too. 866 miles today. I"m beat. The Golf was very impressive. Here's the MFI while on 23 headed up to Ann Arbor.

And as most of you know, I don't drive for economy.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Having second thoughts about this Days Inn. What a dump! A hooker was at the front desk trying to get a room when we got back from dinner. :eek:

Anyway - the drive went well... Loving the new headlights! 46.9 MPG on the trip out and I certainly wasn't aiming for fuel economy (that will be the trip home).

See everyone in the morning - probably closer to noon considering the current time and the fact that I'm still awake. :eek:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Heading to the Bomber in Ypsi for breakfast, then Fowlerville! See everyone soon.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
Well it looks like all of my suspension parts that I was hoping to do saturday are not going to make it in time. So with that said, would anyone be interested in giving me a detailing lesson? lol. My poor car needs a good full detailing, it has definitely been somewhat neglected appearance wise as I have focused on maintenance and performance. I want to go through all of it, clay bar up to wax. I dont really know what products are good, or where to get them if the stuff isnt available at autozone etc... Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: I know products such as McGuires, Mothers, and Turtle Wax are generally good quality (i think) Im looking more for individual products within those lines, or if there are better products outside of those lines.
Try autogeek.net. They have German waxes. I've used McGuires in the past myself. I have not detailed my golf yet though.

Renurbs

TDI
2012 Golf
Adams polishes! They are awesome. The best products I have found, they have amazing customer service and are made in the USA

Renurbs

TDI
2012 Golf
Well it looks like all of my suspension parts that I was hoping to do saturday are not going to make it in time. So with that said, would anyone be interested in giving me a detailing lesson? lol. My poor car needs a good full detailing, it has definitely been somewhat neglected appearance wise as I have focused on maintenance and performance. I want to go through all of it, clay bar up to wax. I dont really know what products are good, or where to get them if the stuff isnt available at autozone etc... Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: I know products such as McGuires, Mothers, and Turtle Wax are generally good quality (i think) Im looking more for individual products within those lines, or if there are better products outside of those lines.
If you want to come down to Toledo some time we can really go through it. There isn't enough time to completely go through it. That's at least and 8 hour job.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
Met some great people. First time VW owner, first meet up. I've decided I'm going to ypsi as well. Great mileage readings on the way home. Hit 50.1 at one point. Wes, I checked my log file after we made the vcds changes on your Jetta. I've got a few blips on mine now too it seems.

Vectorer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premo
3 cheers for S & M! Wait a sec...that didn't come out right. Once again, another great GTG with weather that will never be better.

Thank you, Sandy & Marty, for your Michigan hospitality and for tolerating all of us one more time.

p.s...did anybody get a pic of Lodo? I'm attempting a description to Mrs. V. A picture is worth 1k words...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Thanks Marty and Sandy for a great GTG, as always. Excellent turnout, and it's always fun to see my Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, Missouri, etc. friends. Parker had a great time, too. Here are a few phone pictures. Fields and TDIs. Of course Sprocket's B4V is catching all the sun.

The lineup in the front yard early in the day.

Under the hood of that crazy B4V.

What a beautiful Corrado. And with the right engine!

We're near Cleveland tonight, headed home tomorrow.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Had a good time today, thanks Marty and Sandy for putting this on. It was nice to put some faces to the names and meet everyone today. Looking forward to doing it again

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Back at the hotel with TheSpatulaOfLove's beetle... The trans fluid and filter job seemed to do the trick! It drives great now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks everyone for the great time! Sandy and Marty, you are amazing hosts - thanks again. :D

A Riv

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5-speed, 1972 bug, 1996 Triumph Thunderbird (moto).
Had fun yesterday! Thanks everyone for an awesome first get together!

durdy1

TDI
01 red jetta
Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to mArty and sandy. I also want to say thanks to jeff at rocketchip for thr rc2 tune.. Ran great on the way home till i smoked a deer.. Realy hope insurance wont total it. Dang:(

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Just wanted to say thanks to mArty and sandy. I also want to say thanks to jeff at rocketchip for thr rc2 tune.. Ran great on the way home till i smoked a deer.. Realy hope insurance wont total it. Dang:(
I feel your pain! :( In early May a deer ran into my Jetta and tomorrow it goes to the body shop. Hitched a ride to Marty's with a buddy as a result. My damage isn't that bad but have no headlight lens (hood edge bent down) so have been avoiding driving it in the dark. Looking forward to having a "whole" TDI again when the repair is done. Hope it all works out for you!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
First off much thanks to Marty and Sandy for hosting yet another great GTG! :cool:

Here are some of the pictures I took at this year's event:

Overview of the TDI's in early morning...

Corrado TDI!

TDI's and enthusiasts mingling...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

Marty the man himself personally checks out a new 2012 Passat that came up from Virginia to visit...

Some friendly faces...

Kirk wrenching away on a timing belt illuminated by a trouble light...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

Jeff / Rocketchip at work...

Jeff figuring out an overboost issue on a newly chipped Jetta which was soon corrected...

Up she goes!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Last but not least - the infamous Monster Wagon!

It's under the hood what counts here! Let's take a closer peek...

Twin turbos - oh my! :eek:

Boy does it move thanks to 4-Motion and Whitbread's engineering. ;)

Pulls 50 lbs. of boost and more than capable of excessive forward propulsion rates! :cool: :D

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
It was nice meeting everyone. I had a great time and learned a lot. Thanks to Marty and Sandy for hosting and thanks to Jeff at Rocketchip for coming out.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, thanks much Marty and Sandy! I just finished registering for the fest in Ypsilanti!

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Still can't say enough good things and thanks to and about Marty and Sandy for their efforts on behalf of the local TDI community. Another great day! We made it home ~0100 with no more than the odd tick infested vermin sighting. Gotta figure out how to post up some of the pics Linda got and now, where did I leave that lottery ticket so I can pay for the cam kit for the Jetta?... I know Kirk, just sell another house :rolleyes:
Thanks again Marty and Sandy!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Got home about an hour ago. Pretty easy trip, until I made the mistake of trusting Google traffic and took the George Washington Bridge to 95 North. The bridge wasn't bad, but 95 was pretty awful to New Haven. Luck of the draw.

Parker is glad to be home, as am I. We both had a great time.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Thanks to all for participating. The lights went out around the 12:30am mark. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone that has been coming to these GTGs since 2003 and glad to meet the new recruits.

There were a couple of forgotten items:
-- a soft blue cooler and freezer pack
-- a box of headrests

Please let me know what you would like to have done with them.

Hope to see you all at the TDI fest in Ypsi!

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Thanks Marty and Sandy for great hospitality, generosity, facilities and food. The pulled pork is real competition for the pre-Auto Show Ypsi spread!
But, since Saturday, I've been dreaming of a TDI Corrado! What's going on???:confused:
JohnD

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Yes, another reiteration...... thank-you Sandy and Marty for opening up your place and letting us invade once again - very fun.

Marty, sorry we were the hold-up and that late, but appreciate your patience with us, thanks.

John, I thought you were coveting the Beemer, not the Corrado, come on!

Good to see all again.

Thanks Robert for the photogs - you are the best.

Wonder if Frank made it back alright?

Kirk

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Thanks to all for participating. The lights went out around the 12:30am mark. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone that has been coming to these GTGs since 2003 and glad to meet the new recruits.

There were a couple of forgotten items:
-- a soft blue cooler and freezer pack
-- a box of headrests

Please let me know what you would like to have done with them.

Hope to see you all at the TDI fest in Ypsi!
Woops, that soft blue cooler and freezer pack are mine. I'll swing out your way sometime and grab them from you.

Thanks again for putting the day on! Couldn't have been better weather or a better turn out. Many thanks again!!!!

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Marty, Sandy.... Thanks for a great time :D

I had a great time for my first visit to your "little" GTG. Marty, I can't thank you enough for finding and taking the time to fix the issue with my exhaust. I thought it was just going to be a quick Bolt Tightening on the Turbo to Downpipe, but it turned into much more, with one nut loose, one nut that fell off and one stud not even installed :eek:

I had great time and the food was equally great.
It was nice meeting everyone who was there :cool:

Now once my Sunburn wears off, I will be back to normal LOL

MrVermin

(See you all at TDIFest :cool:)