Paintless Dent Removal - Any experiences?

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
I have a couple of dents on my Jetta that I'm going to get taken out. I met with the Dent Wizzard type guy in my area and he quoted me $170 to remove two on the roof and a shopping cart dent from the fender. I was quoted like $600-$800 to remove the roof dents by a bodyshop (Drill, pull, fill, sand, paint..)

Has anyone here had this done and what were your results?

I didn't know where to fit this in, so I'll consider dent removal part of general maintence

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
My first new Jetta (the one the dealer had to replace... long story) was sold to me with a small ding in the rear quarter panel. They did a paintless removal of it. They had to drill a hole though, and you could see the rubber plug when the rear door was opened. However, the ding was gone, and you couldn't tell where it had been. I'd do it. It's a heck of a lot less expensive.

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
Dent Wizard did their magic on my Jetta and it looks great! Can't tell where the dents were at all. They also have a service where they repaint your bumper as well to remove those little scratches and dings. I had that done and it looks like new as well. I say go ahead and use Dent Wizard. It worked for me!

ALCO

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 A3 Jetta, silver/2005 B5 Passat, silver
My wife's Miata had a couple of dents, one was a "crease" from a shopping cart. The Dent Doctor took them all out...it looks perfect. We were amazed. Go for it!

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
dz, a good dent doctor can work miracles. It's a far better solution than starting to paint panels, etc.